+ Start a Discussion
paul-lmipaul-lmi 

Using actionpoller with a controller method that needs a parameter to be set

Is it possible to use apex:param as a child of actionpoller so that more than one action poller can be used on a single page, each calling a controller method with a specific variable value being set, eg, nest an actionpoller inside an apex:repeat, and pass the controller a variable that's different for each, and have the rerendered section (also in teh repeat) use this set variable to show a different set of items?

Practical use, populating multiple lists of items from multiple web services API calls, all on teh same page, and all via AJAX.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

According to the docs: 

The <apex:param> component can only be a child of the following components:
• <apex:actionFunction>
• <apex:actionSupport>
• <apex:commandButton>
• <apex:commandLink>
• <apex:outputLink>
• <apex:outputText>

The <apex:param> component can only be a child of the following components:

• <apex:actionFunction>

• <apex:actionSupport>

• <apex:commandButton>

• <apex:commandLink>

• <apex:outputLink>

• <apex:outputText>

You might have more success using javascript timeouts with apex:actionFunction components.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

Does actionfunction allow me to set a param/property in the conrollter prior to executing the controller method it's bound to, similar to how you'd use apex:param in actionsupport.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

It does allow that.

That said, there appears to be an issue around apex:param in winter 11 - I've just had to add rerender attributes to my commandbuttons to get the parameter to be passed to the controller.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can use apex:actionPoller to refresh the time for visual force component apex:outputText.

Tryout the sample code given below :

VF CODE:

<apex:outputText value="The unformatted time right now is: {!propDT}" />

<apex:actionPoller action="{!refresh}" reRender="t1" interval="5"/>

Controller Code:

String datetimeStr = '';

public String propDT { get { return datetimeStr; } set { datetimeStr = value; }}

public void refresh()

{

datetimeStr = String.valueOf(DateTime.Now()).split(' ')[1];

}

Hope this helps.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

well aware of that Pradeep.  i was specifically looking to use actionpoller with some kind of hack/workaround for passing in an apex:param, not just s simple beginner's example on how to use apex:actionpoller...

Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta
Paul - Any luck or solution around this ? to use action:poller inside repeat and call a method by passing param with diff value on each iteration ??
gresy prittygresy pritty
It is also important to know about capital One com activate your card.
aliaa12 joealiaa12 joe
Great Post! Thank you for visiting here. https://tractorsinfo.com/hyperfund-login/