function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SMasterSMaster 

How to rerender the Apexpageblock?

Hi,

I want to rerender the apex page block, what is the way of doing that...

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You'd make sure the pageblock has an id, then in your actionfunction/commandbutton/commandlink, you'd specify the rerender attribute.

SMasterSMaster

I have done exactly the same but i am getting the following error: Please suggest

apex:inputFile can not be used in conjunction with an action component, apex:commandButton or apex:commandLink that specifies a rerender or oncomplete attribute.

below is my visualforce code:

<apex:page standardController="opportunity_proposals__c" extensions="AttachmentUploadController">

<apex:form >
    <apex:pageMessages />
      <apex:pageBlock title="Upload an Attachment" id="test">

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
             <apex:commandButton action="{!upload}" value="Save" rerender="test"/>
             <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/>
         </apex:pageBlockButtons>
         <apex:pageBlockSection showHeader="false" columns="2" id="block1">

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
             <apex:outputLabel value="File" for="file"/>
             <apex:inputFile value="{!attachment.body}" filename="{!attachment.name}" id="file"/>
         </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
             <apex:outputLabel value="Description" for="description"/>
             <apex:inputTextarea value="{!attachment.description}" id="description"/>
         </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:outputLabel value="Description" for="description" rendered="true"/>

<apex:inputCheckbox value="{!opportunity_proposals__c.Attachment__c}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The error looks pretty complete to me - this won't work because you are using an inputfile component.  I'd imagine this is down to the browser protection of file input - its highly inaccessible to scripting etc as that would allow a malicious page to upload files from the user's operating system.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Put the section that you want to rerender inside the apex:outputPanel like here inside content is apex:pageBlock.

You can rerender this apex:outputPanel from actionFunction, actionSupport, commandButton and from many more VF components.

Find below a Sample Code :

<apex:page standardController="Account">

<apex:form>

<apex:outputPanel>

<apex:pageBlock title="My Content">

<apex:pageBlockSection title="My Content Section" columns="2">

<apex:inputField value="{!account.name}"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!account.site}"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!account.type}"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!account.accountNumber}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:outputPanel>

<apex:commandButton value="Test" action="{!test}" rerender="out" status="status"/>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

This won't change the fact that the form contains an inputfile so I'd expect to receive the error message again.