function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay 

Roll up Summary field not visible on Visualforce Page

Hello All, I have a master object with a roll-up summary field. This field is visible to all profiles, whereas the master object is only visible to the administrators.. I have a Visualforce page which displays this roll-up summary field. This field is only visible to the administrators and not to others... I use an apex class to query the record from the master object.. While other fields display for all users only the roll-up field doesn't... I guess that giving a read access to the object for all profiles would solve the problem.. But, i can't understand the reason why the field doesn't display..
Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay

Ok, Maybe i found something...

All other fields in the Visualforce Page are displayed using apex:outputtext, so even if the user does not have access to the record the apex class does have access and hence the values are displayed...

The roll-up field is displayed using an apex:outputfield.. This means that even if your apex class is able to fetch the value, your visualforce page still cannot display it because apex:outputfield brings with it the security settings too..

Is this the intended behaviour or am i missing something??