function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
support3599support3599 

Cyrilic Letters not shown when renderAs "PDF" method used

I am novice to VP (no development background) use SF om MacOS.

I have prepared contract text (in Russian) attached to Opportunity with help of VP. When I have tested it in HTML everything looked fine.

However, when I have tried upload my file to PDF all my cyryllic letters disappeared. Anybody knows the issue?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jwetzlerjwetzler

Again, please look at the link I provided.  Your example does not suggest that you read that page.  There is a code example in the documentation that should help you under the words:
If the PDF fails to display all the characters, adjust the fonts in your CSS to use a font that supports your needs.

I think all you need is a font that supports Unicode characters.

All Answers

jwetzlerjwetzler

On the help page for PDFs there is a mention about what to do if your characters aren't displaying.

support3599support3599

I live over there :):manindifferent: so what? 

The one can test the problem quite easy:

<apex:page renderAs="PDF">

This is Cyrillic test: Мой тест

</apex:page>

The result is next:

This is Cyrillic test:

jwetzlerjwetzler

Again, please look at the link I provided.  Your example does not suggest that you read that page.  There is a code example in the documentation that should help you under the words:
If the PDF fails to display all the characters, adjust the fonts in your CSS to use a font that supports your needs.

I think all you need is a font that supports Unicode characters.

This was selected as the best answer
support3599support3599

You are 100% right and I did not pay attention to what you have said. Now then with the code:

<head>
<style type="text/css">
body {font-family:"Arial Unicode MS" "sans-serif";}
</style>
</head>

Everything works fine. Thank you for help. 

BTW. Do you know any trick for Serif fonts?

LalitLalit

Using Arial Unicode MS we can get the Russian character, I try using <b> or Strong or other style format to display BOLD letter inside the template. but

looks like we are getting Regular letter only

Is there a way to display BOLD letter or Italic in a Russian template

Any other Font-Family, which can support Cyrillic , Russian and Greek letter and BOLD letter, appreciate any input

LalitLalit

Using Arial Unicode MS we can get the Russian character, I try using <b> or Strong or other style format to display BOLD letter inside the template. but looks like we are getting Regular letter only  Is there a way to display BOLD letter or Italic in a Russian template

Any other Font-Family, which can support Cyrillic , Russian and Greek letter and BOLD letter, appreciate any input