function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kfkaalkfkaal 

Routing to different edit (or detail) pages

Hi,

I need to route a user's request depending on the content of a field either to the standard Editpage (or Detailpage), something like the recordType.

In other words: In Accounts, when I click the "Edit" button, it should look into the field "isNewDesign" and depending on that content guide me either to a VF page or the standard Account editpage.

I tried to overwrite the standard button and route that to a VF page which stays, or if I need the standard Editor, call the URL '/accountid/e'. But that takes me to the overwritten button and thus to my VF page again.

Any idea, how I could call the editor of Accounts other than the URL "/accountid/e"?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Actually, I've got that completely about face.  The sfdc.override parameter tells salesforce to use your override.

The actual parameter is nooverride and it needs to be set to 1 to ignore.

E.g.  for an account on my dev org, the URL is:

/0018000000pGTrn/e?nooverride=1

This succesfully avoids my VF page.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can set a parameter in the URL to tell Salesforce to ignore your override.

The parameter is "sfdc.override".  From memory, I think you need to set this to zero to bypass your custom page. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Actually, I've got that completely about face.  The sfdc.override parameter tells salesforce to use your override.

The actual parameter is nooverride and it needs to be set to 1 to ignore.

E.g.  for an account on my dev org, the URL is:

/0018000000pGTrn/e?nooverride=1

This succesfully avoids my VF page.

This was selected as the best answer
ColinKenworthyColinKenworthy

Does 'sfdc.override' have something to do with the 'Development Mode' in the User setup and whether the Visualforce in-line page editor appears in any VF pages you visit?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Not that I've seen.

Whether I have sdfc.override present at all, or the values that I set it to, don't have any effect that I can spot on the development mode.