function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OdedHarnivOdedHarniv 

Home Page Component not showing

Hello

I could really use some expert advice.

I have a Home Page Component that only includes a VF page.

I defined it as a custom component with (HTML area).

This is my code:

<br><iframe src="/apex/SubscriberCard?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1" width="100%&quot;" height="100%"></iframe><br>

I can see the page when I'm in the component Edit mode.

But when I go to the Homepage I see nothing but an horizontal line at the top.

I can't figure out what is wrong and why it is not working.

Thanks

Oded

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I had something similar with one of my pages in the home tab.  If you specify the height of the iframe as a percentage, it ends up tiny (something like 4 pixels).  Change the height to an absolute pixel value and you'll be able to see the rest of the frame,  e.g.

<br><iframe src="/apex/SubscriberCard?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1" width="100%" height="200px"></iframe><br>

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I had something similar with one of my pages in the home tab.  If you specify the height of the iframe as a percentage, it ends up tiny (something like 4 pixels).  Change the height to an absolute pixel value and you'll be able to see the rest of the frame,  e.g.

<br><iframe src="/apex/SubscriberCard?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1" width="100%" height="200px"></iframe><br>

This was selected as the best answer
OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Thanks

Now I see a full frame but for some reason I get the "is under construction " message instead of my VF page.

Any idea why?

Thank you

Oded

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Hmm.  I haven't seen anything like that.  Is that the sites under construction page?

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Yes

I see this message inside the page:

https://titles-developer-edition.na7.force.com/LibraryPortal/ is under construction 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Does the iframe contain a reference to a sites page?  I don't why it would choose to go that route otherwise.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Yes; I can see the same page when I view the site but inside the home page I get the under constraction message.

Is there any way I can remove the Home page from my site all together?

When I remove it from the site standard pages and leave the list empty I still see the tab.

Many thanks

Oded

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You shouldn't need to give the full site url, if you just give it the path to the visualforce page you'll be able to access that via the internal route.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

I don't think I am.

This is my code:

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Well that's pretty bizarre.  I wonder if the parameter that is being passed is causing it to be treated like a sites page.  Try dropping the "?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1" from the URL.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Hi

Even after dropping the ?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1 I get the same thing.

Is there any way to remove the home page?

Thanks

Oded

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I'm not sure what you mean by removing the home page.

Does your visualforce page contain any references to pages from the site?

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Hi

I want my Intranet site to include 2 tabs - these will "host" my two VF pages.

The new custom tabs work fine but I also get the Home tab and I can't find how to remove it.

I tried to remove it from the "Standard Tabs" list but it is still visible.

Any idea?

There is no reference from my pages to other pages.

Thanks

Oded

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I'm getting confused now.  How is your intranet site related to the standard tabs?

The home tab is displayed if it is one of the tabs defined in the application.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

My site should have 2 custom tabs.

But in practice I see 3 tabs - my two plus the Home tab.

I can't make the Home tab hidden so my workaround was to put one of my pages on the Home tab, this is when I encountered the problem with the page visibility and later with "page under construction" message.

If I'll find how to remove the Home tab everything will be as I want it.

Any advice?

Thanks

Oded

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Ah, I see. Unfortunately the home tab can't be removed through standard salesforce, as the app menu complains that it must be present and the first item.

You could put some javascript in the sidebar that detects if the Home tab is being displayed and if it is, flips it over to one of the other tabs. This script could also hide the home page tab if necessary.  Not sure how great this would be as a user experience though.

I still don't understand the underlying issue though, why a VF page in the home tab would display a sites message.  The free version of Salesforce had a home tab that consisted of just a visualforce page, so it should be possible.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

I can't figure it out either, and it is really stopping me from making progress.

Since I wasn't able to remove the Home tab (which I don't need) I wanted to place one of the VF pages in it, BUT that doesn't work either, and I'm stuck.

As a last resort I will try to not use the SF header so the Home tab will disappear, I will then lose the tab style I like but I have no other solution I can think of.

If you think of something else I'll be happy to hear.

Thanks

Oded

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

This is what I finaly did and worked fine:

<br><iframe src="http://mysite-developer-edition.na7.force.com/Portal/apex/SearchPage" width="100%;" height="1000px"></iframe><br>

Thanks to SF support...

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Thanks for posting the final URL - its not a pattern I'm familiar with.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Another great help from SF support:

To remove the Home page add this to the page:

<STYLE>div#home_Tab{display:none!important;}</STYLE>

You would have to paste it in every Visualforce page, that is accessible to the Sites user. Also by doing this, the home tab would not be visible on the Site, and on the Production Org as well if they both use the same Visualforce page.

To make the home tab invisible for only the Sites user, create a new Visualforce page by cloning the original one, and adding the above mentioned style parameter on to it.

However, please note that it is not documented in the help section, and also not recommended by the support team.

AsipilaAsipila

I've tested 3 different options trying to make this work.

<iframe src="http://companyname.force.com/MyPortalName/apex/MyVisualForcePage" width="100%;" height="1000px"></iframe>  works when you login from the customer portal login site, not  "Login As Portal User".

The same thing happens when I use:

<iframe src="/MyPortalName/apex/MyVisualForcePage" width="100%;" height="1000px"></iframe>

Third options is to use:

<iframe src="/apex/MyVisualForcePage" width="100%;" height="1000px"></iframe>

In this case "Login As Portal User" works but the "under construction" page is shown.

Can we expect this problem to be fixed in near future?