function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrandiTBrandiT 

Possible to show related list of another object in visualforce email template?

Our accounts object has 2 related lists (contacts & commitments).  I need to send an email to a certain list of contacts where the email references data from the contact's Account record and displays the account's related list for commitments.

If I change the relatedToType to account, I no longer get the error message, but when I send the template from a contact record, it doesn't populate.  Seems what I'm looking for should be easy to do, but I cannot get it to work.  Any ideas???

I keep getting the following error message:

Error: Aggregate Relationship is used in an unsupported complex expression containing 'Account.r00na00000035kqema2__r' 

Here is the visualforce email template I'm trying to use:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Commitments" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="contact">

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
 <html>
        <body>

LP Commitments for the
<apex:outputText value="{!relatedto.account}" escape="false"/>

<table border="2" width="100%">
                 <tr >
                     <th>Internal Fund</th><th>Amount</th>
                  </tr>
<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.account.commitments__r}">
       <tr>
           <td>{!cx.Internal_Fund__c}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Commitment__c}</td>
       </tr>
    </apex:repeat>
    </table><br></br>

</body></html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

BrandiTBrandiT

Here's another thought:

Is it possible to set the whatid to a specific record?  I know I can list the RelatedToType as Account, but can I somehow say: RelatedToRecord = contact.accountid?

We want to use this template in an email blast, so we will always be selecting the contacts, but not the accounts.  If there was a way to specify that email's whatid should always be the contact's account, then we could bypass this whole problem.

Thanks again!!