function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BibhuBibhu 

How to display Picklist field value based on Record Type

Hi I have an requirement where I am stuck. I want to display values of a picklist based on record type in Visual Force Page.

I have an Scontrol which directs the User to the VF page after he selects the record type and clicks on continue button. However I find all the values present in the picklist is displayed to the user ,  picklist value is not getting filtered based on the record type he select.

Scontrol which over-rides New Button is

<script type="text/javascript" src="/static/013008/js/functions.js"></script><script type='text/javascript' src='/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js'></script><script src="/soap/ajax/13.0/apex.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script  src="/dJS/en/1213010380000/library.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript"

src="/static/013008/desktop/desktopAjax.js"></script><script type='text/javascript'>

if('{!$Profile.Name}'=='RE_Austria _FieldSales_User' || '{!$Profile.Name}'=='REAustria_BUM_Profile' || '{!$Profile.Name}'=='REAustria_Product_Manager' || '{!$Profile.Name}'=='REAustria_Sales_Manager' ||'{!$Profile.Name}'=='System Administrator')

{

window.parent.location.href='/apex/Sample_New_Related_List?ent={!BXEU_Samples__c.Id }&RecordType={!BXEU_Samples__c.RecordTypeId}';}

else

{

window.parent.location.href=window.parent.location.href+'&nooverride=0';

}

</script>

SrikanthKuruvaSrikanthKuruva

are you using a standard controller or custom controller?