function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EIE50EIE50 

Visualforce report

Hi,

I've a requirement where i have to write a VF page to fetch, display data and email the same to a user as a report. So far what i've got is, i created a vf page and i am able to fetch and display the data on VF page. But how can i send (or schedule a run and send it out)  this table of data to a user. In fact this is more of a visualforce report. How can i use a VF page in reports, so that i can schedule it for future runs and send out the report to the user?

Ps: I was able to use the VF page as the data source for a dashboard,  but how can i do something similar for a report (use Vf page as data source for a report)?

Thanks.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

one thing is u can give a button on the same vf page named as send email .. when clicking on this u can send this page as a excel file or some other content type .....or u can send an email when ever this page is invoked .....

EIE50EIE50

Assume, there would ne no one to do login to salesforce and click a button or to invoke the page. Just like reports, how you create one and chedule it, i just need to mimic the same functionality, but how?

Thanks.