function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MeerMeer 

Override LIst

Hi.

Can anybody tell me how can I override List (Standard Button and Links) of a custom Object? I have created a Page by using standardcontroller="API_Name" but still I can not see it in the Visualforce page list??

Regards,

Meer

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Follow the below steps to add a custom button on the related list of the custom object

1.  Setup->create->object->click on the button
  2. Click on New button present in Custom Buttons and Links of the object
  3. Select display type List button
  4. Select behaviour
  5. Content source
  6. Click on save button
  7. Click on edit present in front of “object List View” in Search layouts
  8. Add button from available button and click on the save button
  9. Edit the page layout of that object where the list is displayed
  10. Click on Related list properties  link of the related list
  11. Click on the plus ‘+’ link present in the button section of the Related list properties
  12. Add the button and click on the ok button
  13. Save the page layout.

And for your page override issue please check “API Name” in standard controller is correct.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

MeerMeer

I don't only want to add a button only, but actually I am looking to design a layout in which I can create a new record for the realted list being on the same page.. Let me make it more clear, I have two custom objects 'Journal' and 'Line'. In Journal I have a related list of 'Line', now when i click 'New Line' It is directed to New Line page where I can create New Line, now I dont want to migrate to another page but want to have all the feilds of Line object in the same pagel block or section where i can create a New LIne. I guess its quie brief explanation to make u understand.

Regards,

Meer

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can create Vf page that will open like a popup window that will take the input all the fields of the line object and when user click on the save button a record in the line object create and popup window closed .

MeerMeer

I want to put the fields so the user can enter the data and can create a new line.. Can u give me an example for it please?

Thanks

Meer

aballardaballard

If you want to overrdie the List action, your page must use the standard set controller for the object.   i.e, needs standardController="myoobject" and recordsetVar="something" so it is a list page suitable for replacing the standard list page.

MeerMeer

I did try it but it didn't work.. In related list It was not shown as I was willing.. 

Reagards,

Meer