function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dradtkedradtke 

Issues with inlineEditSupport.

I'm writing a visualforce page that is intended to edit values displayed in a table. I'm having some issues with the inlineEditSupport tag, though, in particular with multi-select picklists. If I try to put a column like this in the table,

<apex:column styleClass="dataCell">
	<apex:facet name="header">Subtype</apex:facet>
	<apex:outputField value="{!mask.subtype__c}">
		<apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblclick"/>
	</apex:outputField>
</apex:column>

then the page loads with a garbage dialog underneath the table that I can't seem to find in the page source:

Then if I double-click on the field, the dialog gets replaced with a picklist window that's too far off to the left to really see its contents.

Anyone know what's going on?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rklaassenrklaassen

I think your page does not load the standard stylesheets that position and style this element? If so, maybe you can enable the standard stylesheets for a while and copy the style classes that this element uses and put these in your own page!

All Answers

rklaassenrklaassen

I think your page does not load the standard stylesheets that position and style this element? If so, maybe you can enable the standard stylesheets for a while and copy the style classes that this element uses and put these in your own page!

This was selected as the best answer
dradtkedradtke

Ah, looks like enabling the standard stylesheets does pretty much fix the issue, so now I just need to dig through them and figure out how to copy that functionality. Any idea where I can find it?

dradtkedradtke

Looks like I've run into another problem: editing a multi-select picklist inline doesn't update the value. Even when using the standard stylesheets, if I make a change to the field's value and save it, the change isn't registered in the controller. Is this a bug, or is there a workaround for this?

dradtkedradtke

...and, turns out that I didn't have all the elements grouped under the same form tag.

Thanks for the help. Everything looks good now.