function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jtwoods4jtwoods4 

Display Array returned by Controller

My controller class is returning an array of string to my apex page. How do I loop over the array items and display them?

In the code below I am just trying to access the first index in the array and display the value. But this does not work.

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="RECALLFDMServiceController">

<h1>TTM Revenues</h1>
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageblocktable value="{!TTMByListBillingID}" var="TTMResponse">            

<apex:column >
                {!TTMResponse['0'].TTM}
            </apex:column>

</apex:pageblocktable>
    </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:page>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SeAlVaSeAlVa

What about ...

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="RECALLFDMServiceController">

<h1>TTM Revenues</h1>
        <apex:pageblocktable value="{!TTMByListBillingID}" var="TTMRevenues">            
            <apex:column HeaderValue="Key" value="{!TTMRevenues}"/>
            <apex:column headerValue="Value" value="{!TTMByListBillingID[TTMRevenues]}"/>

Regards

All Answers

SeAlVaSeAlVa

To iterate, try the following

<h1>TTM Revenues</h1>
        <apex:pageblocktable value="{!TTMByListBillingID}" var="TTMResponse">            
            <apex:repeat value="{!TTMresponse}" var="TTMR">
                <apex:column value="{!TTMR.TTM}" />
            </apex:repeat>

Regards

jtwoods4jtwoods4

Thank you for the response.

I am sorry I made a mistake. My controller method is actually returning a map<string,string>

I need to display the map in a table on my visual force page. Why is this so difficult?

In my code below the pageblocktable calls my controlle rmethod getTTMByListBillingID. This method returns a map<string,string>. There are several key value pairs in the returned map<string,string>. I just need to display this.

<h1>TTM Revenues</h1>

DISPLAY THE KEY VALUES IN THE MAP HERE

SeAlVaSeAlVa

What about ...

<h1>TTM Revenues</h1>
            <apex:column HeaderValue="Key" value="{!TTMRevenues}"/>
            <apex:column headerValue="Value" value="{!TTMByListBillingID[TTMRevenues]}"/>

Regards

This was selected as the best answer
jtwoods4jtwoods4

Excellent! Now I just need to make it repeat for every key value pair in the map