function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saharisahari 

customer portal and custom objects

does any one knoiw how to make custom objects available for a customer portal user Profile?

I inquired with the salesforce support and they told me it is not possible. But I went through lot of forums that talked about custom objects and the customer portal user profiles.

have anyone of you has a workaround. please share.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

Navigate to Setup > AppSetup > Create  > Objects, find your custom object and click the edit link. Scroll down to the Optional features and check the Available for Customer Portal checkbox.

All Answers

BulentBulent

Navigate to Setup > AppSetup > Create  > Objects, find your custom object and click the edit link. Scroll down to the Optional features and check the Available for Customer Portal checkbox.

This was selected as the best answer
saharisahari

Thank you so much!!!

Also do you know if we can make opportunities also available for customer portal?

BulentBulent

you need partner portal licenses for that.

saharisahari

Oh ok..

Thank you. I really appreciate your immediate response.

BaguiarBaguiar

Hi Bulent,

That option " Available for Customer portal" Checkbox does not exist on my options for the custom objects. Only reports, activities and field history.

Also, does that mean that I can have any custom object set to be under the customer portal? Even an object related to Contacts for example ?

Thanks a lot,

B

BulentBulent

no, if you don't see the check box it might mean two things:

a) portals is not available in your org (DE, EE, UE can have portals, if it's a DE org created before 2009 you wouldn't have portals)

b) You haven't enabled portals yet (setup>app setup> customize> customer portal> enable

BaguiarBaguiar

humm.. My ORG is EE and created before 2009 but I don't have the option setup>app Setup>Customize>Customer portal... I Have setup>app setup>customize>Self- Service>Self-service portal   and it is enable as I have it setup for Cases.

BulentBulent

portal is an add-on product for EE and UE orgs. You need to purchase portal licenses (there are several options, make sure you choose the right one) in order to get portals in your org. 

BaguiarBaguiar

I see.. so the licenses that I'm already using for the portal for Cases, can't be used if I decide to have a custom object as the main object for the portal?

Thank you so much for the answers!

BulentBulent

I think you are referring to self service portal (that you are using for cases) which is different than customer portal and partner portal technology.

BaguiarBaguiar

Thanks a lot Bulent! Got it right now .

maxellorin1maxellorin1

Available for customer portal is checked in optional features and my custom object still does not show in my customer portal.  Any thoughts?

LivaitLivait

hi, i stucked with same issue can you help me to find solution

John KlokJohn Klok
Hey,

Portal has a some add ons and other features for custom objects for customer portal.pls refer

https://www.crmjetty.com/salesforce-wordpress-customer-portal.htm