function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krishnagkrishnag 

issue with sites.

i have a small requirement.i have a custom object guestuser__c. i have a web page where the user logsin with this emal address and the verification will be like if the email address is existing in leads or contacts he i allowed to login. when the user successfully logsin i have a created a page in editable displaying the lead or contact info referring to email address he has provided during login.  so if the user changes his info on the page and click save the edited data should be saved in guestuser object.

this functionality worked great in normal VF page but when i put the page in sites its not saving the data in custom object.

i have checked all the CRUD and FLS permissions and made everything enabled for custom object but still i am having issue . can anybody help inthis issue.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

is your custom object in deployed status? you check the custom object details. As an admin your code will work for the in development status objects but your site won't work.

All Answers

mikefitzmikefitz

1. Did you enable the crud permissions on the guest user profile (specifically within sites)?

2. Did you check your sharing rules to share the object with read/write permissions.

krishnagkrishnag

yes  i have checked all permissions.

BulentBulent

is your custom object in deployed status? you check the custom object details. As an admin your code will work for the in development status objects but your site won't work.

This was selected as the best answer