function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheMaryCTheMaryC 

Opportunity doesn't appear on the Contact tab?

If I'm on the Contact page and slect the "New Contact Donation", the donation shows up on the contact page......just like it's suppose to do. 

However, if clone that donation, it does not appear on the Contact tab?  Also, If i creat a donation from the donation tab, it doesn't appear on th Contact tab?

Any suggestions as to why?

I'm using Non Profit version...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NikiVNikiV
The Opportunity shows up on a Contact's detail page because there is a "Contact Role" that links the two which is created in the background when you click "New Contact Donation" from the Contact page.  If you clone the Opportunity, it only clones the Opportunity fields and does not also clone related records, like the Contact Role.  If you want the cloned Opportunity to show from the same Contact, you will need to create a new Contact Role on the cloned Opportunity after you save it.

All Answers

BulentBulent

There is not enough information in this post.

is this related to sites, portal or contact page in salesforce.com org? 

NikiVNikiV
The Opportunity shows up on a Contact's detail page because there is a "Contact Role" that links the two which is created in the background when you click "New Contact Donation" from the Contact page.  If you clone the Opportunity, it only clones the Opportunity fields and does not also clone related records, like the Contact Role.  If you want the cloned Opportunity to show from the same Contact, you will need to create a new Contact Role on the cloned Opportunity after you save it.
This was selected as the best answer
RyanGuest3RyanGuest3
Can you post a sample URL?
NikiVNikiV
What type of URL are you looking for?  There is a "Clone" button on the Opportunity detail page that can be clicked to create a copy of that Opportunity.  After saving it, you will the need to go down to the Related List called Contact Roles to add in the Contact that was part of the original Opportunity to get the functionality that MaryC was looking for.
TheMaryCTheMaryC

Ultimately what I want to due is:  When the status of an opportunity is changed to "posted" and one of the products is "Memberships", I want SalesForce to automatically create a new opportunity and copy the "Memership" product.  I thougth I would start off with a "clone" and then modify it to a workrule once I got it working... 

The reason I want this is 1) so that the next years membership dues will show up and allow me to easily send out reminder notices 2) if they are not paid, the staff would change the status to "Canceled" and thus give me a feel for how many memberships are not renewed eached year..

Thanks

BulentBulent

is this related to force.com sites?

If not let me know I can move this to a more related discussion group.