function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EIE50EIE50 

Answers Implementation

Hi,

I am playing around with the answers implementation in our org. I followed the steps given in Answers implementation guide and is working fine internally.

But what i want is, i would like to make it availbale in customer portal and force.com site. I made answers tab available in portal and made answers home as active site page for site. But the answers tab doesnt show up in customer portal (License is Customer portal Manager Standard). However i tried to dig into the profile for changing object level and FLS for answers but couldnt find anything related to answers (except for tab, data categories and vf pages). The same goes for site.

Is there any thing specific i am missing or my dev instance or sandbox org. Or the problem lies with the License type. We already have ideas setup and want to set up answers as well.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks.

EIE50EIE50

Update :: I am now seeing the answers tab in my customer portal. The underlying object for answers is "Questions". But still i am unable to get the answersHome default page on site. I made sure i gave read level permission to the Question object. Also set the category group visibility settings to all. Still authorization required page is showing up. What am i missing here?

Thanks.