function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
p@sfp@sf 

Content Publication Limits Exceeded

I'm a beginner at this - so pardon me if I'm not stating this correctly, or if this isn't the correct board for this topic, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm attempting to add records to the FeedItem object in a Production, Using a batch Class

After the first 18 Successfull batches of scope 200 where it created 6000+ Succesfull FeedItem posts to the accounts.

exception gets thrown: exceptionMessage='ContentPublication Limit exceeded.'

I've checked the "limits" in Administrative Reports and admin screens, and I am nowhere near the API call limit per day.

This the sample logic in side the Batch 

execute(....){
list<FeedItem> fi = new List<FeedItem>(); for(Integer i=0; i<200; i++){ String finalstr=''; FeedItem post = new FeedItem(); post.Type = 'ContentPost'; post.ParentId = UserInfo.getUserId(); post.Body = 'Activity History is Archived'; post.ContentFileName=i+'testFile.txt'; finalstr +='todays Date ,'+Date.today(); blob csvBlob = Blob.valueOf(finalstr); post.ContentData = csvBlob; fi.add(post); } insert fi;
}

;

Jia HuJia Hu
check the doc:
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_contentversion.htm

Contact Manager, Group, Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Edition customers can publish a maximum of 5,000 new versions per 24–hour period. Developer Edition and trial users can publish a maximum of 2,500 new versions per 24–hour period.

sf@sfsf@sf

Thanks for the information Jia Hu,

You are right about the limitation.furher we have filed a case to support team to increase the limitation. but i was surprised when i SF Team member was asking to Max LImit to POSTs is 2500 only for production account. 

havent got reply on it.

Also as in dev Account. i tried to post more than 3500 post succesfully of 10kb avg file size. it never threw an exception. unless it was a STORAGE LIMIT EXCEPTION was caught.

Any Idea how to delete all files in the chatter.

Thanks