function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott.MScott.M 

Query only returns one comment

I'm doing a query for chatter that looks like this: 

[SELECT Id, Type, CreatedDate, CreatedById, CreatedBy.FirstName, CreatedBy.LastName, ParentId, Body, Title, LinkUrl, ContentData, ContentFileName ,

(SELECT Id, CommentBody, CreatedDate, CreatedBy.FirstName, CreatedBy.LastName  FROM FeedComments LIMIT 5)

FROM FeedItem WHERE ParentID =: objectId AND Type = \'TextPost\' ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC LIMIT 10]

The problem is that the query only returns one comment even though I specify a limit of 5 and I know there are more than 5 comments on the chatter post that I'm rendering. Any insights into why that might be?

Thanks!

Scott

Jia HuJia Hu
Add the following condition to your main FeedItem query, like,..

... from feeditem where commentcount > 3 ....

and see what you got
Scott.MScott.M

So the using commentcount > 2 returns the item but still there is only one comment returned. The weird thing is the totalSize   of the comment records is correct. Here's what the JSON output is for the comments.

"FeedComments":{"totalSize":4,"done":false,"records":[{"attributes":{"type":"FeedComment","url":"/services/data/v26.0/sobjects/FeedComment/0D7d0000000MpcMCAS"},"Id":"0D7d0000000MpcMCAS","CommentBody":"another comment","CreatedDate":"2012-12-03T18:51:24.000+0000","CreatedById":"005d0000001KC5fAAG","CreatedBy":{"attributes":{"type":"Name","url":"/services/data/v26.0/sobjects/User/005d0000001KC5fAAG"},"FirstName":"Scott","LastName":"Morrison"}}],"nextRecordsUrl":"/services/data/v26.0/query/01gd0000007XkeDAAS-1"}}]}

So it seems like done:false means it hasn't retrieved all the comments. Is there any way to force it to retrieve more than one comment? Or am I doomed to only showing one comment for each chatter post initially with a more link that retrieves the rest if there is more than one?

Jia HuJia Hu
I guess if you remove the CommentBody from the query, you can get everything.

If you want to retrieve the Body part, you have to put the query in a loop way.