function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mascloudmascloud 

Customer portal look and feel

Hi,

I am developing a customer portal for my company. I am able to do limited changes to the look and feel of the customer portal. But the videos posted by salesforce has adavanced look and feel of the customer portal. Could someone help me on how to make cusomer portal similar to my comapny wesite. 

Here is the salesforce demo from youtube. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QAc9nOVxrQ

Is there way I can use Salesforce Sites to display customer portal data with limited coding.

Thanks,

Rag

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

Hello!

The video is showing you the beauty of CSS.  You can get as fancy as you want with it, but you have to *create* (read: code) the CSS to associate to the Portal.  Not difficult - it's all W3C standards....start reading about it online and you can pick it up.  If you're in a time crunch, you can reach out to just about any good graphics-centric web development house to assist.

Sites - you're kind of "on your own" when it comes to this.  You are given a blank slate and have to develop all of the VF and APEX yourself to display information.  Granted - the coding really isn't THAT involved, but it's far more involved than applying CSS to the Customer Portal.

Does that help?

-Andy

mascloudmascloud

Hi Andy,

I agree with you, we need to use CSS and Javascript for look and feel. I am familier with CSS & Javascript and developed JSPs. But I am not able to integrate Salesforce portals with CSS and Javascript.

My Question: From the Salesforce customer portal settings I didn't understand how to integrate CSS and Salesforce data.

Ex: 1. Salesforce App Setup -> Customize -> Home -> Home Page Layouts: we can create Home Page Custom components using HTML, CSS and Static data. But I am not able to create these custom components with dynamic data by passsing Salesforce records/objects. My requirement is to display the information related to the login user's products OR service he purchased from the company. I see good demos about this topic but  I didn't find any sample code in Salesforce documentation.

2. Look and feel of the Customer Portal tabs: Salesforce only allows the developers to change the Color and  Font. But not able to modify the top level menu etc using CSS. 

I would like to pay the amount if someone develops the following prototype pages using HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript. Please send me a mail with your quotes. 

1. Sites login page

2. Customer portal login page

3. Customer portal home page with dynamic data 

4. Integration of Site and Customer portal. 

Email: mybusiness20042005@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Rag

kdmrkdmr

Hi,

To use custom CSS with customer portal it is better to use force.com sites. Though you will have to do additional coding for your pages and their business logic, it will allow you to have a seamless integration with your website.

We have expericence in using Force.com sites with custom CSS and customer portal access. I have sent you a mail too for the same.

Thanks

KD

Steadfast Technology Services Pvt. Ltd.

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

I agree with kdmr - for your requirements, you are looking at building this via Sites.

mascloudmascloud

Hi Kdmr,

Thank you. I have looked into your company website and it looks great. Since my budget and the requirements are simple I would prefer to work with some freelance developers who can provide me the prototypes at a lower cost. 

If you are able to do the same please let me know.

kdmrkdmr

Hi,

This being a prototype and our first interaction we shall provide you the service with discounted rates. Steadfast provides company benefits at freelancer rates.

I will send you an email with more info.

Thanks

KD

modern debt int.modern debt int.

Hi, do you still provide this service? We are looking for a similar service and integrate our customer portal in our website look and feel