function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vinothvinoth 

How to display the custom field name in chines language?

i need to dispaly the custom field name in chines language in page layout,with out using apex and visual force page.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You can select which user would see which languag. From SF Docs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding Translated Languages and Translators
Who are translators?
• A translator is any user who is designated to translate for a specific language.
• Translators must have the “View Salesforce Configuration” permission
to access the setup pages.

To add or edit translated languages and translators:
1. Click Your Name > Setup > Translation Workbench > Translation Settings.
2. Click Add to activate a new language or Edit to change an existing supported language.
3. If adding a new language, choose a language.
4. To make the entered translations available to your users - select Active. Users can change their personal language anytime whether or not it's active in the Translation Workbench.
Selecting Active makes the translations available to the users in that language.
Tip: We recommend you don't make a language active until the translators have translated all values.
5. To assign translators for this language, select them from the Available List and click Add.
If you don't see the member you want to add, enter keywords in the search box and click Find.
Important: Ensure all translators have the "View Setup and Configuration" permission so that they can begin translating. Users can only translate languages they're assigned to.
6. Click Save.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom objects are not available in the translation workbench. Use the rename tabs and labels interface or theIDEfor custom object translation.

Thanks.

All Answers

EIE50EIE50

My 2 cents, i haven't worked on the translations but i too have a similar requirement, so had been reading through the workbench docs.

Have you looked at the translation workbench? you can enable chinese for your organization and can manually translate object names / field names to chinese, so that the entire setup can be displayed in chinese for chinese users.

You dont have to use Vf / apex to do this.

Thanks.

vinothvinoth

thank you,its working fine. i can able display all my custom fields in chinese language.is there any possible to display both english and chinese language and how to change custom object name in chinese?

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You can select which user would see which languag. From SF Docs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding Translated Languages and Translators
Who are translators?
• A translator is any user who is designated to translate for a specific language.
• Translators must have the “View Salesforce Configuration” permission
to access the setup pages.

To add or edit translated languages and translators:
1. Click Your Name > Setup > Translation Workbench > Translation Settings.
2. Click Add to activate a new language or Edit to change an existing supported language.
3. If adding a new language, choose a language.
4. To make the entered translations available to your users - select Active. Users can change their personal language anytime whether or not it's active in the Translation Workbench.
Selecting Active makes the translations available to the users in that language.
Tip: We recommend you don't make a language active until the translators have translated all values.
5. To assign translators for this language, select them from the Available List and click Add.
If you don't see the member you want to add, enter keywords in the search box and click Find.
Important: Ensure all translators have the "View Setup and Configuration" permission so that they can begin translating. Users can only translate languages they're assigned to.
6. Click Save.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom objects are not available in the translation workbench. Use the rename tabs and labels interface or theIDEfor custom object translation.

Thanks.

This was selected as the best answer