function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harpreet On CloudHarpreet On Cloud 

Re-login after the session timeout on Customer Portal does not open Default Landing page

We have implemented Customer Portal Authenticated Sites User for the current client. We created a custom page that we wanted to be the homepage once the user logs in to the portal. The name of this custom page is "Home Page" We assigned this page as "Default Landing Tab" using "Customize Portal Tab" button. Also for Login too, there is a custom page created called "Login"

This works fine. When we log in to system using custom "Login" page, it does show our landing page - custom "Home Page". When user logs out, he is taken back to the custom "Login" page.

However when user's session is time out due to inactivity, he is shown Salesforce default login page rather than the custom login page created by us. I see that the url to which it is redirected is:

http://na8.salesforce.com/secur/login_portal.jsp?orgId=00DM0000000Cswa&portalId=060M0000000X8c3&startURL=%2Fvisualforce%2Fsession

Now when user enters his username and password, he is redirected to the Salesforce Default Home page rather than my custom "Home Page".

I see that this is due to presence of "startURL" parameter in the URL. Is there a way I can get this parameter removed from the URL when there is a session timeout.

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi,

You can fix it and make sure that when user session is time out due to inactivity, he is shown custom login page rather than the Salesforce default login page. For that you need to change some site setting.

Goto site details page and scroll down the page to "Error Pages" section--> click on "Page Assignment" button-->

select your custom login page from "Authorization Required Page" lookup --> click on "Save".

Harpreet On CloudHarpreet On Cloud

Even this has not worked. It was earlier pointing to "Unauthorized" page and I changed it to my custom login page. Still it does not change. On session timeout it still shows me "login_portal.jsp" with startUrl as parameter

Is there any other details I can provide to get a solution for this?

calvin_nrcalvin_nr

Late answer but also check your login controller.