function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EasywashEasywash 

Personalized Landing Pages / PURL's

Has anyone done Personalized URL's or Personalized Landing Pages with force.com sites?

I am looking to be able to create a personalized landing page for a customer such as below:
www.freecarwash.ca/JohnDoe

The customer would receive the PURL on a postcard in the mail. When they go to the URL it would be pre-populated with the customers specific data.

Basically it is a pre-populated web form on a personalized url. 

Does anyone have a working example I can show my developer? Or can it even be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

Take a look at the CRM Success Genie

Basically, by passing an id value to your page you can  provide personalized information for the visitor.

Currently, you cant make this type of url friendly url but the url re-writer feature is in pilot and targeted for summer'10 release. 

All Answers

BulentBulent

Take a look at the CRM Success Genie

Basically, by passing an id value to your page you can  provide personalized information for the visitor.

Currently, you cant make this type of url friendly url but the url re-writer feature is in pilot and targeted for summer'10 release. 

This was selected as the best answer
EasywashEasywash

So what you are saying is right now I can't create a URL from Salesforce data such as www.freecarwash.ca/JohnDoe

Am I reading that right? 

BulentBulent

you can create a URL such as www.freecarwash.ca/JohnDoe

however you would need to create a visualpage called JohnDoe

I assume you would want to have a generic page and pass a parameter value (like www.freecarwash.ca/person?name=JohnDoe, which you can do like this today) to provide personalized info rather than creating one page for each possible user.

with the upcoming url rewrite feature you will be able to rewrite the urls like  www.freecarwash.ca/person?name=JohnDoe as www.freecarwash.ca/JohnDoe

EasywashEasywash

Hi, I just got an email stating that the Summer 2010 Sandbox is available for testing.

Can you tell me if the URL re-write is available?

If not am I able to participate in the Pilot program?

Thanks,

Geoff

BulentBulent

yes, it's available.

spectrawolfspectrawolf

Hi,

Could you please point me to the latest info on creating PURLs in SalesForce. The "SuccessGenie" link in your post now goes to a site where I can build a guide about salesforce, but I don't see how to get into the app itself.

digimintdigimint

We do custom landing pages or pURL's http://jimpeake.postcards-rep.com 

Eric AbelEric Abel
Searching for info about the development of PURLs. CRM Success Genie link is broken in the first response mentioned. Is there any documentation to help with PURLs and Pardot and/or Salesforce? Basically how to do it?