function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KalyanLKalyanL 

Submit requests to force.com and SEO

Is there a way I can submit requests to force.com from SiteForce.  My scenario is of someone wants to find a listing that is present in the custom object; must be able to submit the requset.  Once the request is evalauted, force.com would return the possible matches found in the custom object.  How do I accomplish this?

The other question I've is, is there a way, I can do a change to URL to be the URL of the list name (listings/businessname) instead of ?id=xxxxxx .  The reason I'm asking is this is good for SEO than making them as ?id=xxxxxx

Thanks!

AddisonAddison

Hi kalyanrm,

Right now, the ability to pull up data from a custom object in Siteforce is a pilot feature, and it's planned to be generally available in an upcoming release.

As for changing the URL, currently there's no native support for that functionality, but we do have SEO features on the roadmap.

Addison

KalyanLKalyanL

Addison wrote:

As for changing the URL, currently there's no native support for that functionality.

Addison

Thank you for the update.  What is the best alternative you suggest to get the URL support?