function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
emandra_kfemandra_kf 

Hide/Remove the Previous button from last screen

In the last screen of my flow, I display the various input fields submitted by the user as a confirmation of what s/he enterred. This screen is preceeded by a Record Create task which posted the data to my custom object. All is well except for the fact that my last screen displays the default buttons of "Previous" and "Finish". How do I remove or hide the Previous button so a user does not make an inadvertent double entry by clicking the Previous button and invoking the Record Create a second time?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
markross__cmarkross__c

If you're using the Desktop Flow Designer, you can go to the Settings tab on any Statement, Question, or Form and change Element Finish Type to "Do not allow the user to go back". This won't remove the "Previous" button, but it will make it unclickable.

All Answers

markross__cmarkross__c

If you're using the Desktop Flow Designer, you can go to the Settings tab on any Statement, Question, or Form and change Element Finish Type to "Do not allow the user to go back". This won't remove the "Previous" button, but it will make it unclickable.

This was selected as the best answer
emandra_kfemandra_kf

That sounds like it will work. Is there a way to import a Cloud-based Flow into the Desktop version?

jordanmjordanm

No, they are two totally different formats.

Additionally, in the cloud designer you have to remove the previous button via css/styling on the page that you nest the visual workflow in. I have not seen a built-in way to hide the previous button there, so this workaround would be your only approach, and it will only remove the previous button permanently--I haven't found a way to hide/show it conditionally for specific steps.

RajaramRajaram

We will be supporting this feature in the cloud designer soon (next release, safe harbor applied !)

ssousanssousan

This is an old review,

But still no support for the feature in the cloud?

RurouniQRurouniQ

Actually, yes, this is in the Cloud Designer now! In the Screen block in question, just set the Navigation Options to "Don't show Previous button".

ssousanssousan

But that will still show the finish button,

And the finish button will take you back to the beginning,

And in some flows we don't want that,

RurouniQRurouniQ

To solve this, you'll want to add a retURL argument to your button or link that kicks off the Flow.

For example, let's say this is fired off of a button on an Account. If you wanted it to go back to the Account record you came from, you'd add this to the end of your button URL:
&retURL=/{!Account.Id}

The retURL tells it that this is the URL you'll want to return to after the flow is completed. The / we are using because it's the start of a relative URL; you won't want to put "http://na5.salesforce.com/blahblah" because your server may change one day. You can just start your URL with / and that tells it to use the same domain name you're currently on. Then, by putting the source record's ID after the slash, you are telling it that it is your destination.

ssousanssousan

Well actually I have a public website that created using Flows,

So the  URL:&retURL can't call an external website,

And I'm not sure where to redirect the user,

Any thoughts?

RurouniQRurouniQ

Oh, retURL can call an external website, that's no problem. I only suggested using the / because Flows are more commonly used only internally. You may have to put it in quotes but I don't think it's necessary.

If you can set it up, I would suggest your best practice would be to set up another Site that doesn't do anything other than tell the user that they have succesfully completed it. That way, the user knows that it got submitted and they don't have to worry about whether or not it did what it's supposed to do.

ssousanssousan

So I used another pubic website we have,

But when I click finish on the live Flow,

It tells me authentication required, please login!

Do you know why?

RurouniQRurouniQ

Did it not do that before? That strikes me as odd.

I assume you're presenting this in some kind of Sites with Visualforce. I unfortunately don't know a whole lot about Sites or Visualforce, but I do know that there has to be a profile for the Site to use, and it has to have permissions that allow it to create or edit the record in question. That's the only thing I can think of as a possibility, though...

ssousanssousan

Ok, I will submit this as a question to the community,

But you have been a great help thanks

RurouniQRurouniQ

No problem! If you have any other questions about Workflow, I'll be co-leading the session "Optimize Business Processes with Visual Workflow" at Dreamforce.

ssousanssousan

Great, thank you

ssousanssousan

when i run the page within Salesforce, i get the following error:

Invalid Page Redirection: The page you attempted to access has been blocked due to a redirection to an outside website or an improperly coded link or button. Please contact your salesforce.com Administrator for assistance.

Any ideas?

markross__cmarkross__c
Oh, perhaps it isn't possible! It didn't occur to me they might block it. Sorry, I don't have a workaround for this! :(

This message contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted and is the property of the author. It is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.
Mitch_AMSMitch_AMS

I'm confused... I'm working in the flow designer and There are no options anywhere that I can find to set the don't show previous button.

You mention "Cloud Designer" is that different from "Flow Designer". I've looked in the tools, I see no options for anything called "Cloud Designer"

How can I get the Cloud Designer.  Will I be able to import/migrate my existing flows (ton of work there) into the "Cloud Designer"

markross__cmarkross__c
Are you using the Windows exe Flow Designer? Or are you using the designer that you access directly from Salesforce in your browser?

This message contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted and is the property of the author. It is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.
Mitch_AMSMitch_AMS

I"m using the designer directly in salesforce

jordanmjordanm
The cloud designer is built into the salesforce web gui itself. Type "Flow" in your quickfind box once you click on your Name, and then "setup" to find it.

There was no migration from legacy flows to the new designer, unless I'm missing something.

Martin Jordan
Application developer | Community Renewal Team | Celebrating 50 Years
555 Windsor Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06120
Phone 860-560-4357 | Fax 860-527-3305

The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and then delete it immediately. Please note that any information presented in this email may be protected by CT General Statutes as they pertain to privacy and confidentiality, as well as state and federally mandated HIPAA laws.
Mitch_AMSMitch_AMS

Ummm...  Yes! I'm using the flow designer in salesforce...

I found it on the "General Info" Tab from a Screen Element, under the label "Navigation Options"

Three Choices are: No Restrictioins, Don't Show Previous Button, & Don't Show Finish Button

Earlier (4/25/12) in the thread GetForcedQ stated that these options where under a Settings Tab, and that's where I got lost...