function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TeddyAbleTeddyAble 

Visual Flow HELP!!

Hello guys;

I'm new to using the Flows in Salesforce so pardon me if im not quite clear in my requirement(question)

I have decided to use a flow to improve process in an aspect of Salesforce for our Sales team and i will like to know the following.

Can you use a flow to get users to choose from an available picklist in an object for example?

Scenario:

an object called Campaign has a field called  value campaign type which is a picklist Value

Values in the Campaign Type picklist are 

Type1

Type2

Type3

So if Type1 is selected --> enter mobile number

If type 2 --> create new record

Can i use a flow to get the choice to present users with the type of picklist? because as i understand Choices are static and are not database data driven , and i want to know if i can use datadriven choices instead of static?

This is urgently needed please any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

RajaramRajaram

At the moment, you cannt configure choices in Flow to be based on an existing picklist field.

If you want to make it data-driven, you can, but that would mean creating a custom object with rows for the picklist values and then configure a dynamic choice to go against that custom object.

Eitherway, you do have to do the double task of maintaing picklist values/

This is something we are looking to address, but cannot give you a precise time-frame.

Cheers,

Raja

TeddyAbleTeddyAble

Hello Rajaram,

What do you mean create a custom object with rows for the picklike?

creating a custom object with rows for the picklist values and then configure a dynamic choice to go against that custom object.

I already have a custom object called Campaign for example with a picklist field called Campaign Type, , how can i configure dynamic choice to get these values?

Please help

RajaramRajaram

You cannot. YOu have to create the choices in flow again.

We do have this on the roadmap.