function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bugubugu 

How to create a __share object for Custom Object

Hi All,

How can I create a __share for a custom object.

For Ex: I have created a custom object named  MyObject and how can I create a share object for it named MyObject__Share.

Note: I have the permission Manage Users as described in the docs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Niket SFNiket SF

Hello Bagu,

Please take look at 

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_bulk_sharing_creating_with_apex.htm

This is matching with your requirement. Please mark as resolved if it solves your problem.

bugubugu

Hi

I wanted to know when and how the __share object is created for any custom object . In the link provided I see that a __share object is already created and we are instantiating a new instance of that object.

It would be great if somebody could let me know whan and how is the __share object created. I am not able to see the __share object in the Schema.

Thanks

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

You cann't create "__share" object by yourself. System create it for you. If shareing setting of an object is "Public Read/Write" system will not create "__share" object, as there is no scope of sharing, all record is open to everybody in org. However, if sharing setting of object is either "Public Read Only" or "Private", system itself create a "__share" object for you.

Please let me know if you have any question about above.

Happy to help you!

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes as digamberlucky explained,
__Share objects are created automatically based on the OWD settings in the org.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Satyendra RawatSatyendra Rawat

Hi,

Create a custom object and Goto

Setup->Security Controls->Sharing Settings,

and select your object and make Object Private .

Angela CapazAngela Capaz
Thanks everyone for these answers :) Very helpful.
raj_sfdccraj_sfdcc
Hi bugu,
By Default if OWD of the object is not set to most permissive access level(Public Read/Write) ,Then there will be automatically share object created for the existing object .
For Example if OWD for 'Account' is not set to Public Read/Write then 'AccountShare' object will be existing in the back-ground .

Please check below post which can help you understand with simple real time example .

Apex Managed Sharing with use case explained (https://salessforcehacks.blogspot.com/2020/01/apex-managed-sharing-with-real-time.html)
Faizan Shaikh 6Faizan Shaikh 6
Is it possible to edit the Row Cause picklist field for MyCustom__Share object?