function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ross.ax1563Ross.ax1563 

Lookup to Pricebook

Hi All

Winter '14 brought the ability to create a lookup relationship to the Pricebook Object. I am trying to do this but am getting the following error  (I specifially pick lookup and NOT master-detail):-

You cannot create a new Master-Detail relationship on an existing custom object if records already exist. You must first create a Lookup relationship, populate the lookup field with data in all records, and then change the relationship type to Master-Detail  "

Any help!?

Thanks

Ross

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GlynAGlynA

Ross,

I just tried this, and had no trouble with the first one.  So I tried the second one, and this time I made the field Required - then I got the error you describe.  The field can't be Required and you can't select 'Don't allow deletion of the lookup record that's part of a lookup relationship.'  You must select 'Clear the value of this field. You can't choose this option if you make this field required.'

If this helps, please mark it as a solution, and give kudos (click on the star) if you think I deserve them. Thanks!

-Glyn Anderson
Certified Salesforce Developer | Certified Salesforce Administrator

All Answers

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

I tried the same and working fine for me. I tried on Account object and I guess because of that there were no option to select 'Master-Detail Relationship' in data type. On which object you are trying to create this?

GlynAGlynA

Ross,

I just tried this, and had no trouble with the first one.  So I tried the second one, and this time I made the field Required - then I got the error you describe.  The field can't be Required and you can't select 'Don't allow deletion of the lookup record that's part of a lookup relationship.'  You must select 'Clear the value of this field. You can't choose this option if you make this field required.'

If this helps, please mark it as a solution, and give kudos (click on the star) if you think I deserve them. Thanks!

-Glyn Anderson
Certified Salesforce Developer | Certified Salesforce Administrator

This was selected as the best answer