function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gareth DaviesGareth Davies 

Ajax 3.3 Beta - FireFox 1.5 - "Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open"

"Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open"

I am testing with some cross browser apps.

I have an HTML page which I load locally which has the the following :

Code:
var result = sforceClient.login(DebugUser,DebugPass); 

This works fine when I test with IE (6.0.2900.) but with FF (1.5.0.4) it throws the above exception.

I can't find the call that is throwing the error (the debugger is not really that good in FF) but I have had the same issue when trying to load XML documents which was caused by the following:

ThIS Works in IE but not in FF

Code:

Tester= getXMLHTTPRequest();

Tester.open("get","Sample.xml",false)

Tester.send();

Works fine in IE but in FF it throws the same error. FF, it seems, demands a NULL parameter in the send.

Code:

Tester= getXMLHTTPRequest();

Tester.open("get","Sample.xml",false)

Tester.send(null);

This works with both . Perhaps this is the issue here as well?

I have no problem using

Code:

sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}","{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}");

Within an SControl on FF 1.5, so I don't think this is super-urgent, but it would improve things on the testing front here as we have other surpise errors caused by cross-domain calls that are making life difficult enough!

Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Gareth.

Message Edited by Gareth Davies on 06-14-2006 03:30 PM

joe-kizayjoe-kizay

Ive had similar troubles with the login method here but with IE 6 on Win XP(works on my machine IE6 with Win 2003 Standard).

I would also welcome any feedback or suggestions on this.

Ron HessRon Hess
If you havent tried it yet, the new version of FireBug 0.4 had a nice source debugger, you should be able to trace and see where this is coming from. 

if it is the AJAX toolkit, then i think you are hitting a security feature of Firefox.
Gareth DaviesGareth Davies

Thanks Ron

I was trying to use Venkman with very limited success...

Cheers

Gareth.

ErikGEnErikGEn

I have exactly the same problem with the same source, when I use sforce.login(""user", "password")...

it is work with IE 6.0 but not works with Firefox 1.5.0.4

Anyone has found which parameter to turn off ?

Thanks

BLBL
Any Mozilla based browser (Firefox, Camino, etc.) will return this error when you try to execute XMLHttpRequests from one domain to another (http://yoursite.com to www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0 for example).

To get around this you need to disable cross site scripting protection within hidden preferences in Firefox or other Mozilla based browsers and add a line of code to your javascript library:

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserRead");

I've posted details on how to fix Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open with respect to the Ajax Toolkit on my blog. The solution should be workable for your situation as well.