function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CSOLANOJRCSOLANOJR 

Salesforce android sdk "install.vbs" issue

Hello I am currently having issues running the install.vbs script for the android sdk. I recieve an error at line 25 at character 1, I have ran it through the command line and through windows. I have tried to skip this step due to the errors but i get tons of errors with the sample projects. I am using windows 7 64 bit and the latest sdk 1.02.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

The line where you're having trouble will fail if you don't have Git for Windows installed, or you do, but the git executable is not accessible in your PATH environment variable.  Git is a requirement for building the SDK, although you can simply use the distribution binaries in the dist/ folder if you prefer to not use Git.  You can find Git for Windows here.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

All Answers

The line where you're having trouble will fail if you don't have Git for Windows installed, or you do, but the git executable is not accessible in your PATH environment variable.  Git is a requirement for building the SDK, although you can simply use the distribution binaries in the dist/ folder if you prefer to not use Git.  You can find Git for Windows here.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

This was selected as the best answer
CSOLANOJRCSOLANOJR

Thank you very much for your help kevin i'm all set up :smileyvery-happy: I did need to install git for windows.

Reppin__505Reppin__505

I'm getting the error: "Git not found! The 'git' command must be part of your PATH." when trying to run the install.vbs through the command line after installing git and rebooting the machine.

I see "c:\program files (x86)\Git\cmd" in the PATH environment variable, so i'm not sure why i am getting this error. Any ideas?

CSOLANOJRCSOLANOJR

I had to re-download the SDK through GIT open git bash command line and type    git clone git://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android.git  after it downloads(it should tell you where) you should be able to run install.vbs hope it helps

Thanks for the update.  The script kind of assumes that you've cloned the Android repository prior to running install.vbs, since you have to get the repository in some fashion in order to have the install.vbs script in the first place.

However, given that there are other means to download the source—albeit ways that aren't currently supported for consuming the SDK—we may be able to improve the error messaging around the case where you downloaded the code without cloning the repo.  I'll look into updating the script, if I can get that granular information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Reppin__505Reppin__505

Thanks a ton! I did a regular download of the SDK and was trying to run install.vbs from that download.

Taking your advice and using the bash to download the sdk through Git ended up solving my issue. 

Thanks!

Just to follow up on this, I updated the install.vbs script to recognize the situation where the git repository hasn't been initialized, and give a specific error stating that the user needs to clone the repository before running the script.  Thanks for the heads-up!  Hopefully the next person who encounters that situation will get a better error message now.

Cheers,

Kevin

WeaslyWeasly

Hey hi

Can you help me in insatlling Android SDk