function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
stephen_m_woodstephen_m_wood 

Insert custom URL from a lookup

Hi guys,

I have a list of custom objects - 'sparks' - each one has a name, description and hyperlink.  However, I don't want to show the hyperlink.

I have another custom object and associated tab that looks up the above objects - this tab is called 'interviews'.  But, how do I do the following:

1.  The user selects their 'spark' object using the lookup
2.  The lookup then inserts the URL into the 'interview' record, but also appends a unique field identifier to the end.

So, the user simply sees the name of the spark, but behind the scenes, the system has grabbed the spark URL, appended the interview record ID and created a hyperlink for the user to use.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve
SteveBowerSteveBower
Hi Steve, Perhaps it's just me, but I had a hard time understanding what you're trying to accomplish.

If you were to elaborate I might "get it"?

Trying to be helpful, Steve Bower.

stephen_m_woodstephen_m_wood
Hi Steve,

Funnily enough, I think I've found a solution using the page layouts in salesforce.  Basically, I was looking to create a custom URL to send to our software based on the task information.  After a bit of digging, I discovered the custom URL bits for custom objects - which basically does what I need for this aspect of the development.

It's hard to make things really clear as I'm a bit new to the language of salesforce.com development.

Thanks,

Steve