function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
George1022George1022 

Cloud Swarm 3 (Managed) Lead Follow Rule Not Working

Hi,

We have a Lead Swarm Rule with the criteria of "Only Leads owned by my direct reports" and the CEO set to follow the records. I am in the next role below the CEO and our sales rep is in another role directly below the CEO.

The CEO and I are both system administrators and the sales rep has a custom marketing user profile with read access to all swarm objects. We are using Enterprise edition.

When I create a new lead, I am the only one following it. I can edit and save any lead and the CEO does not swarm the record. The same happens when the sales rep creates or edits a lead. The CEO is not swarming any leads.

We have a Case rule for all cases and the CEO is swarming those just fine. The CEO is only following 271 records in Salesforce so he is not hitting the 500 limit.

Am I missing something on the lead swarm rule?

Thanks for your help,

George

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

Hi George,

Is the CEO set up as your Manager on your User record?  Cloud Swarm does not use Roles to decide who is a direct report, but looks at the Manager field on the User object.  Try setting that appropriately, and it should start working.

FYI, this functionality only goes one level deep, hence "Only Leads owned by my direct reports."  If your sales rep has you as your Manager and you have the CEO as your Manager, your CEO will not automatically swarm the sales rep's records, only yours.

Let me know if that solves your issue, George.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

All Answers

Hi George,

Is the CEO set up as your Manager on your User record?  Cloud Swarm does not use Roles to decide who is a direct report, but looks at the Manager field on the User object.  Try setting that appropriately, and it should start working.

FYI, this functionality only goes one level deep, hence "Only Leads owned by my direct reports."  If your sales rep has you as your Manager and you have the CEO as your Manager, your CEO will not automatically swarm the sales rep's records, only yours.

Let me know if that solves your issue, George.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

This was selected as the best answer
George1022George1022

Thank you. That resolved the issue. I was thinking of roles, not the manager field. This makes sense now.

Happy swarming,

George

Glad to hear it, George!  If you find the app and my assistance useful, I would appreciate it if you would take a couple of minutes to rate it:

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/reviews?listingId=a0N30000003IUEeEAO

Thanks!

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

Ben Jones, CollabraxBen Jones, Collabrax

I feel like I'm having a similar problem and hoping you can help.  The exception is we are using PE.  I have a swarm rule set up for the whole company to follow all opportunities.  When a System Admin creates an Opportunity, everyone follows automatically.  When a Standard or Marketing user creates an Opportunity, only the owner follows.  Please help.

Hi Collabrax,

Follow the instructions in this previous post to get things working:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Force-com-Labs-Development-and/Cloud-Swarm-3-Frustrations/m-p/313363

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

Thanks, however it is Deplyed already and how do you define read access to the object in PE?

Please double check that, because 9 times out of 10,  not being deployed is the issue if a System Administrator can follow but a regular user can't.   Deploying is not the same as installing. Go to Setup > App Setup > Installed Packages and click on "Cloud Swarm 3 - Unmanaged Package" and click the "Deploy" button if you see one.

This also may be happening because the non-System Administrator does not have visibility to the record that you are trying to make them auto-follow (possibly if you have a role hierarchy set up.)  Salesforce users can't follow records that they do not have read access to.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

I believe it is deployed; the button is greyed out as if it's been deployed. Here's screenshoot (https://skitch.com/collabrax/fxh47/package-details-cloud-swarm-3-managed-package-salesforce.com-professional-edition).

This instance is an open org and everyone can see everything.  In one scenario, a standard user owns the Account and then creates an Opportunity.  At the very least all the Admin should swarm this Opportunity, but only the owner was.

George1022George1022

Hi Collabrax,

Just on a hunch, have you gone to Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects and then scrolled down to make sure there is a check in the "Deployed" box for "Opportunity Swarm Rule"? A custom object is only available to system administrators until it is deployed.

This may not be the issue but it should be ruled out.

Hope this helps,

George

It was checked (https://skitch.com/collabrax/fx72c/custom-objects-salesforce.com-professional-edition).  I appreciate your help...anymore ideas?

George1022George1022

I am not an expert on this app but the next thing I would check is your OWD's (Org Wide Default sharing rules).

Please go to Setup > Administration Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings and do a screen shot of your Organization-Wide Defaults. They may be set correctly for this but I imagine that the development team will need to confirm before moving on.

Best of luck,

George

Here are the OWDs (https://skitch.com/benjaminjones/ftyq6/sharing-settings-salesforce.com-professional-edition).  Again, thanks for working with me on this.

George1022George1022

Well, your OWD's look good. Since Accounts and Opportunities (as well as the Swarm rule itself) are public, that is not the issue.

Just to clarify, you have a Swarm rule set so that all users follow all opportunities. When a sys admin creates an opportunity, all users follow it. But when a non-sys admin creates an opportunity, only the owner follows it. Correct?

Being on PE, there are limited reasons why this would happen, and I believe we have ruled out most of them. Please do a screen shot of the rule itself. You should blur out the actual users since this is a public forum but I imagine the development team would need this next.

I am curious to see what the root cause is and I wish you the best,

George

You are correct in the clarification.

Here's a capture of one rule.  There are a dozen more, one for each user.

https://skitch.com/collabrax/fttaq/opportunity-swarm-rule-osr-0035-salesforce.com-professional-edition

Well, I'm stumped as far as possible explainations, so we'll have to dive a bit deeper in to the weeds.

Go to Setup > Administration Setup > Debug Logs and click the New button.  Find a user that the swarming is failing for and Save.  Now try and do the swarm with that User, and once you're done (and it doesn't work) go back in to the Debug Logs and click on the View link beside Debug Log with Operation "FutureHandler".  Please paste the log contents here and I'll take a look and see what I can do.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

Thanks for offering to help.  Below is the log you requested.

19.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO08:40:20.049 (49275000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|cloudswarm08:40:20.055 (55530000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[38]|Aggregations:0|SELECT Id, Name, Type, AccountId, StageName, Amount, OwnerId            FROM Opportunity WHERE Id IN :opptyIds08:40:20.101 (101341000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[38]|Rows:108:40:20.110 (110017000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[41]|Aggregations:0|select type__c, Opportunity_amount__c, Opportunity_stage__c,                     Opportunity_type__c, user__c, ownerId, Notify_on_Swarm__c from Opportunity_Swarm_Rule__c WHERE user__r.IsActive = true08:40:20.120 (120391000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[41]|Rows:1508:40:20.122 (122725000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[46]|Aggregations:0|select SubscriberId, ParentId from EntitySubscription where ParentId in :opptys08:40:20.145 (145393000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[46]|Rows:108:40:20.150 (150563000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[62]|Aggregations:0|SELECT ownerId, Id FROM Account WHERE Id IN :acctIds08:40:20.155 (155181000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[62]|Rows:108:40:20.155 (155689000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[70]|Aggregations:0|SELECT Id, ManagerId FROM User WHERE Id IN :ownerIds08:40:20.160 (160069000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[70]|Rows:108:40:20.167 (167750000)|DML_BEGIN|[115]|Op:Insert|Type:EntitySubscription|Rows:1408:40:20.323 (323761000)|DML_END|[115]

So there's no other error happening, so we can rule out some sort of bug that's causing the swarm not to happen.  The query is returning no records which means that something else is preventing the records from being returned (which is why we initially assumed that permissions were the issue.)  However, from our earlier investigating, I haven't the foggiest idea what would be doing this.  My guess is that there's a permissions setting somewhere that's preventing non-System Admins from accessing certain records via the API or something odd like that.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it looks like this one will remain a mystery.  Please let me know what was causing this if you do figure it out eventually.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

This is an import feature for my customer.  Would you be willing to login and explore the org if I was to provide login credentials.  

Hi Collabrax,

I isolated the issue and it looks like there was a bug that was preventing Standard Users from swarming.  I've since fixed the bug in the app.  Please uninstall the app and reinstall the latest version and let me know if that works for you.  Thanks!

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

Thanks!  I've re-installed and tested and so far, it seems to be corrected.  Thank you for your attention to this!  I've got a lot of happy campers.

Awesome!  Glad to hear that, Collabrax.

I would greatly appreciate if you could also leave a review, if that's been helpful:

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/reviews?listingId=a0N30000003IUEeEAO

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

AmandaTPAAmandaTPA

How do I access the manager field in the user object?  I don't see that functionality.  We are using Professional Edition.  I want to make it so that managers automatically follow any opportunites that their employees create but I'm getting stuck.

Thanks.

Hi Amanda,

Go to Setup > Administration Setup > Users > Manage Users.  Choose a user and click Edit.  Under "Approver Settings" there will be a field called manager that you can change for each user.

cK