function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

Milestones - Customize Projects versus Populate w Trigger

I was about to customize a couple of objects from Milestones PM.  We want to add some custom fields and few record types & page layouts.  For example, we kinda use Projects like Opportunities and we are going to add a picklist field called Project Status.  

My question is: What am I getting into my messing with these objects?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ReidCReidC

You can customize the objects as you see fit, but you should be pretty deliberate about this to be sure you don't accidentally overwrite those customizations later.

Side note: are suggesting that you'll replace the standard opportunity object using "projects"?  Or are you using them in concert with each other?

All Answers

ReidCReidC

You can customize the objects as you see fit, but you should be pretty deliberate about this to be sure you don't accidentally overwrite those customizations later.

Side note: are suggesting that you'll replace the standard opportunity object using "projects"?  Or are you using them in concert with each other?

This was selected as the best answer
tbuckettbucket

Thanks Reid!  This is a Force.com group, so we will not be using Opportunities at all,,,just using Projects kinda like Opportunities, but taking the statusing beyond any "Closed" Won" equivalent and getting into actual Proj Mgmt.

BTW, a while back I tried to add a custom field to a report but it did not show up in my available fields.  This was with an older version. maybe even before 1.5.  Anything "funny" there...or will I figure it out if I just troubleshoot the way I would with any other custom field visibility issue?  It might be more of an 'Unmanaged Package" question, than a Milestones PM question.

ReidCReidC

Got it.

Re: the field.  Check the report type definition.  

tbuckettbucket

Solved!  Thanks!