function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
annlorraine_lamannlorraine_lam 

chatter

Hi everyone! :) I'm new to Salesforce.. I'm hoping you guys could help me...

First off, I wanna know how can I have that 'CHATTER' app?? 

Thanks!

Raine

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_

Hi Raine

Pop along to http://developer.force.com/chatter

You'll find a link there to join the developer preview, which provides you with your own developer edition environment (which you can use for your own chatter development) as well as access to the Chatter Dev Zone (where a bunch of us Developer Force community members are also users) where you can get a feel for using Chatter.

Jon 

All Answers

Hi Raine

Pop along to http://developer.force.com/chatter

You'll find a link there to join the developer preview, which provides you with your own developer edition environment (which you can use for your own chatter development) as well as access to the Chatter Dev Zone (where a bunch of us Developer Force community members are also users) where you can get a feel for using Chatter.

Jon 

This was selected as the best answer
annlorraine_lamannlorraine_lam

Thanks a lot. Chatter is not yet available anyway.

By the way, Do you have other resources that you can share? I'm still a newbie at salesforce. 

I need to learn how the apex code works. Im working at a university for their alumni database.

I already managed to create a form for them since it was only drag and drop and the objects i created was very simple.

Im having difficulty with the apex code. I dont have any background on java or whatever. I really really need help. Thanks so much for all the help

Hi annlorraine_lam

Yep - have you checked out our documentation in the Technical Library?  This article provides a high-level introduction.  See the Force.com Apex Code Developer's Guide for the official guide, "Force.com Cookbook: Code Samples and Best Practices" for help with code, and of course you can also check out the many resources on programming Java on the internet for some programming background.

Feel free to post questions like this in the New to Cloud Development board.

Regards,

Jon