function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nicksquashnicksquash 

altering email to case default settings

Hi there

we're hoping to alter the way email to case handles new cases.
At the moment it creates a task for "UserA" as specified in sfdcConfig xml file which is unacceptable considering we have 50 cases a day come in via email to case.
We'd like to have these tasks automatically set to 'completed' so it doesn't clog up UserA's home page, or remove the process completely so that UserA has nothing to do with these cases and have them created directly into the queue.
Is there a place in the source code that i can change this?
or is there any other way I can do this?

thanks for your help
Nick
ChadMeyerChadMeyer
we updated our code to delete the task immediately after its created.  Unfortunately you can't prevent it from being created in the first place.  We also have it add a case comment.
nicksquashnicksquash
Hi ChadMeyer

This sounds great, how did you manage to do this?

Nick
ChadMeyerChadMeyer
We made substantial programming modifications to their sample code.  It actually does a lot more than what is described here.  We also have a list of additional features we are hoping to add.  We are charging a small amount of money for the code in order to help fund additional development.  I have one other Salesforce customer up and running and they are very happy.  If you are interested in sharing in the development, private message me and we'll chat.

Thanks,

Chad
nicksquashnicksquash
Hi ChadMeyer

Private message sent.

Thanks