function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ehickmanehickman 

Excel Connector Download

Hi, Where can I download a copy of the Excel Connector for the Professional Edition of SFDC? I used EC at my previous company and love it, but can find it under the app exchange anylonger.
Thanks,
elizabeth
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist

It is not located on the App Exchange but located in this blog. Here you go!
InnovationCRInnovationCR
Disappointed:  Not visable to download on the blog url link - tried to day - there must be another way?  anyone?:mansad:

I was able to download from the link I just clicked under Download and I picked my edition. What is happening to you?
Ellen ForresterEllen Forrester

I want to upgrade from mircosoft office 2003 to 2007 and will need to reinstall my excel connector.  Do you know where I find the plugin to download please?

Many thanks

Ellen

I would try the blog below and under Download Excel Connector then you click on either Professional or Enterprise

I was able to successfully download using this link. I am not sure what the problem was for the other person posting, they did not go into details of what problems they incurred.
kevinedelmannkevinedelmann
I believe they renamed the excel connector as Connect for Office which I believe you can get under Setup, Personal Setup, Desktop Integration (not sure about Professional, but that is where it is for Enterprise).

Also, if you are looking for the other Excel connector (the one with more features) you get that from the developer site by clicking onthis  link - http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Members:Force.com_Excel_Connector
Connect for Office is different then Excel Connector this functions more as pulling down reports and collaborating dashboards and what not. Excel Connector allows you to actually edit and query data.
kevinedelmannkevinedelmann
Well then, the excel connector is available on the Salesforce developer site - go here to get it - http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Members:Force.com_Excel_Connector

You may need to sign up, but membership is free.

Kevin
elanaelana

Just wanted to say thanks for revealing the location of this salesforce.com connector download. It just disappeared on the AppExchange and it seems like they are trying to charge for it soon.

Thanks again,

Elana

davemaxgdavemaxg

I just downloaded the professional version and got it to work on Excel 2007 but it appears that I'm limited to downloading only 70 records at a time.  Is there some setting I can change to allow me to download more than 70 records?

Thanks,

David

Are you using filter criterias to get your data, if you do not put filters on your query it will resort to anything modified last week to query your data in some cases. Also what is your role are you an administrator?

davemaxgdavemaxg

It was the default filters which I had actually removed but apparently get added back in automatically when the query is run.  Kind of weird, but glad it can be overridden.

Thanks,

David