function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DianeSDianeS 

Cannot logon to excel connector

I am getting the following error when I try to log in through the excel connector:

Error Generated by Request: Invalid username, password, security token or user locked out.  Exception code: 5078. 

I used excel connector for the first time a couple months ago.  It worked fine the first time.

Thank you!

Diane

rpr2rpr2

When logging into Excel connector, did you include your token along with the password?

If not, to get your token go to the Salesforce setup screen and from there, My Personal Information | Reset My Security Token.  It will be sent to you in an email.

cactusdavecactusdave

Make sure you didn't move the connector icon from your desktop or whereever you originally placed it.

CocoKCocoK

I get a similar error that says "Error generated by request:INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out. ExceptionCode: 1, Could not establish connection to API service.".

I recently was upgraded to Windows 7 so Excel and the sforce connector were reinstalled on my new PC and I haven't been able to log into the connector ever since. I reset my security token, but that didn't help. Any ideas?