function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SnehalCSnehalC 

Subversion and salesforce

Hi,

I am about to implement SVN for my SFDC instance. I have created a 'trunk' folder in SVN repo where I have metadata from production. I have created a 'branches' folder under which I have 'CSNProject' folder. I have asked all the developers who are working on this 'CSNproject ' to checkout this from svn repo and create a project for themselves on their individual eclipse instance.
My question is: All the developers will be working from their individual dev editions and when they create project in eclipse, how will they give force.com nature to their project? I know that they can goive their own dev edition credential and do save to server. But the problem is their dev edition will not have all the metadata from production org. And I do not want to deploy this metadata from prod to their individual dev edition usinf ant or any other tool because of company policy etc. Also, they don't want all the metadata but just few apex classes and objects. In that case how they will checkout only the things needed from SVN and use their own dev edition. Step-by-step illustration would be great. I am going to use Jenkins to pull changes from svn repo to production/test sandbox later. Thank you!
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

Please try this free App available on appexchnage:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000B3XxLEAV