function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC DevlSFDC Devl 

How to hide save and new button on the edit page of a custom object

Hi,

I want to remove "Save & New" button on a custom object. I created a home page component and gave this (<script src="015Z0000000FJf7" type="text/javascript"></script>) in the body of the component.

I have placed this component on my home pagelayout.

I have created a .js file with below and uploaded to salesforce in Documents. Gave this document id above on the home page component

window.onload = hideBtns;

function hideBtns()
    {
     this.bodyOnLoad();
    if(document.getElementsByName("save_new")[0]!=null)
    document.getElementsByName("save_new")[0].style.display = 'none';
    if(document.getElementsByName("save_new")[1]!=null)
    document.getElementsByName("save_new")[1].style.display = 'none';
    }

It is not working for me. I am able to see the button. Am I missing something? How to make this work? Also how to remove the button on a single custom object and leave the button on all other objects. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

You can add rerender attribute to show or hide button on specific condition. EX: rendered="{!IF(some condition, true , false)}".

For example refer: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000008lAeIAI
Puja_mfsiPuja_mfsi
Hi,
Please find the below code for hide save and new button.

<script>
function hideButton() {
    var saveandNewid = document.getElementsByName('save_new');        
    var saveNewlen = saveandNewid.length;   
    for( var i=0; i< saveNewlen; i++)       
        saveandNewid[i].style.display = 'none';       
}      
window.onload = hideButton;
</script>

This is a working code..Please check.
You must need to add that home page component to the default home page layout.

Please let me know if u need any help.
SFDC DevlSFDC Devl
Puja,

This one still doesn’t work for me. I am sure I am missing something. I am listing down the details steps I followed.

1) Upload the document with below code into the “Documents” object folder – Document Id after uploading is 015Z0000000EICO
function hideButton() {
    var saveandNewid = document.getElementsByName('save_new');       
    var saveNewlen = saveandNewid.length;  
    for( var i=0; i< saveNewlen; i++)      
        saveandNewid[i].style.display = 'none';      
}     
window.onload = hideButton;

2) Created New Home page component of Type “HTML Area” and Component position is “Narrow (Left) Column and the body has this code
<script src="015Z0000000EICO" type="text/javascript"></script>  then saved the component
3) Added this component on the home page layout assigned to my system admin profile
4) Then clicked on the custom object tab and clicked on New, edit page is opened and I still see the “Save & New” button

Please let me know what did I miss?

Thank you.
SFDC DevlSFDC Devl
I got this resolved with my original code with changes to the home page component. I am still working on restricting to a custom object page. I will paste the final code to hide on single object. Thanks.
Ramiya KandeepanRamiya Kandeepan
Hi, 

Could you please post the final code on single object to remove "Save & New" button? 

Thanks
SFDC DevlSFDC Devl
window.onload = hideBtns;

function hideBtns()
    {
this.bodyOnLoad();
        var result = window.location.pathname.split('/');
if(result[1].substring(0,3) == 'XYX') //XYX  is the sample custom object code. You can use your custom object index.
{

if(document.getElementsByName("save_new")[0]!=null)
     document.getElementsByName("save_new")[0].style.display = 'none';
     if(document.getElementsByName("save_new")[1]!=null)
     document.getElementsByName("save_new")[1].style.display = 'none';
      }

}

I saved the above code in a document in salesforce and I am using that Document Id on the home page component. I am using narrow left component. Don't forget to check the box "Show HTML" before pasting the below script.

<script src="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015G0000006IUwh" type="text/javascript"></script>

I hope this helps.
Ramiya KandeepanRamiya Kandeepan
Thanks for your quick reply.  I can't find 'Show HTML' check box anywhere on the home page component.  Could you please tell me where is actually showing? does 'XYX' represents the ID of the custome object?

Thanks