function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
outsauce1.3890939920067253E12outsauce1.3890939920067253E12 

How to change/access "Change password email contents"?

Hi

On creating a new community user, the user is notified by an email i.e "Your current password has expired. For security reasons, your password must now be changed. Your password was last changed or reset on 06/03/2014 11:16" 

As the user is a first time created one, so they shouldn't be receiving the email saying "Your current password has expired" for the reason they haven't even set any password yet. How can I change or remove few words off this email.

Also, once a user enters a new password, how can I redirect the user to custom login page.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

You can't actually customize the default ChangePassword and so what you could do is create your custom visualforce page with the controller to handle how you want your users password to be authenticated.

Next go to Personal setup => Email => Unfiled Public Email Templates. You can then customize the templates by removing the merge field {!Custom_url} and adding your link.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/17571/customizing-the-change-password-page-in-communities

Regards,
Ashish