function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan 

Need to modify the standard (Text type) email template of Salesforce with Image/Letter head

Hi All,

Im in need of modifying the standard salesforce provided email template that is for Communities: New Member Welcome Email, to have some company logo and url for login.

But the problem is this email template is created as Text type template by default in salesforce. So, is there a way to modify the template to have the image in the top.

If anyone have some idea about this please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kamatchi Devi R
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

You can customize email sender information, Chatter email branding, and templates in your community emails. You can perform customizations in either the user interface or the Network object in Salesforce APIs. So create a custom templ,ate and provide its ID to WelcomeEmailTemplateId.

Refer: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=networks_customize_email.htm&language=en_US
Thanks Vinita,

That works for me. What i did was created new email template that holds the text of the standard email template with HTML with LetterHead option.

But what is the problem was, the user name in that community email template is not shown while email is sent to the community created users.
{Receiving_user.username}

Do you know how to get that value?
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hi,

The merge fields {!Receiving_User.field_name} and {!Sending_User.field_name} work only in email templates used for mass emails. Try using {!$User.FirstName} instead.
Hi Vinita,

Thanks for your reply, but if we use {!$User.FirstName} in the email template, the name is not displayed for newly created user. Instead it is showng the owner name.

But welcom email should show the new user that has been created rgt?