function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Big EarsBig Ears 

Inline visualforce Pages - Causing new tabs to open

Hey all,

In our org, we have a few managed packages with inline VF pages on record pages. We've also created one inline VF page ourselves. I'm finding that, occasionally, when opening a new record, the inline visualforce page will open in a new tab, instead.

I've confirmed with the package providers that this shouldn't be happening (there's nothing in the pages that would be causing a tab to open). My users haven't complained to me that they've been seeing this, so it might be my local machine (I kind of hope it is), but has anybody else experienced this and do they know what caused it?

Thanks!
Andy

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Andy, 

Is this issue specific to a browser or have you tried opening the same pages on different browsers?
If not, please try that and update..
Big EarsBig Ears
Sonam,

I've seen this happening on Internet Explorer today. It's hard to replicate as it is seemingly intermittent. I was unable to get Chrome to replicate it today.

Is there a detailed paper anywhere on how Inline Visualforce pages work, so I could see if there could be anything strange going on?

Andy
Big EarsBig Ears
Further on this - This is happening only in Internet Explorer, from what i can see.

IE 10
Version 10.0.9200.16844
Update Versions: 10.0.14 (KB2925418

I've asked around internally and nobody else seems to be having this issue, so I'm wondering if it's a setting on my personal browser? However, I'm not sure what it may be.
CabooseCaboose
This isn't unique. We are experiencing the same behavior as well. We have detail pages with multiple inline VF pages. Intermittently, any one of those inline VF pages embedded in the page layout is not rendered in the original page but is opened by itself in a new tab! We've also only managed to reproduce it on IE10. I will post exact Version/Update versions shortly. 

We've also noticed that sometimes an embedded VF just is not rendered in the original page and doesn't show up in a separate tab either!
CabooseCaboose
OK the versions are identical. See below:

IE 10
Version 10.0.9200.16844
Update Versions: 10.0.14 (KB2925418)
Big EarsBig Ears
Hey Caboose,

Thanks for the further information. Glad to know I'm not alone! Interesting that it does appear to be an IE issue.

I've migrated off IE for the time being, but I really want to be able to use multiple browsers. It's become a habit of mine to use one browser for Production instances and another browser for sandbox instances. That way I get a really quick visual indicator of which environment I'm in.

Andy
CabooseCaboose
Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury to migrate off of IE for production. Any updates would be helpful. 
Sarina SalimSarina Salim
HI this is a pretty old issue but I've just experienced it as well when adding a Visualforce page to some page layouts. The VF page opens in a new tab in IE11. Was there any resolution to this?
Big EarsBig Ears
Sarina,

Unfortunately not. I've changed companies since this original question and I've never heard of the issue since. It makes me wonder if it was something specific that was on those pages (some stray Javascript perhaps?) but I've never been able to recreate the issue consistently. 

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Andy