function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Qin LuQin Lu 

Drill down from a visual force page to a standard detail page doesn't work

I have a visual force page for a custom object. I have build a custom controller for this custom object, then embed this page in Contact Detail page. I put a drill down for a field in the visual force page to drill down to the detail page of this custom object which is a standard page. The custom detail page is actually rendered inside the iFrame, but I want it to go to the detail page. 

I looked it up on google, and found this examplehttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/11552514/visualforce-page-embedded-in-a-detail-page-that-needs-to-redirect-to-other-page. 

I tried, but it doesn't work for me.  Here is my controller class, I have omitted other logics. 

public with sharing Class FinAccntFilterByTypeController {
   private ApexPages.StandardController controller {get; set;}
    public String redirectUrl {get; set;}
public FinAccntFilterByTypeController( ApexPages.StandardController controller){
      //initialize the stanrdard controller
        this.controller = controller;
}
public PageReference doStuffAndRedirect() {
        redirectUrl = controller.view().getUrl();

System.debug ('URL '+redirectUrl);
        return null;
    }

Here is my page, please ignore the variables, basically, I have repeat loop through list and fields, I have a outputLink with onClick to call doStuffAndRedirect, then I have the javascrip part to add 
window.top.location.href to redirect. After I added the javascript part, whenever I go to Contact page, without click on outputLink field, it automatically navigates to the redirectUrl. Is there anything wrong with my code?

<apex:page standardController="Contact" id="fapage" extensions="FinAccntFilterByTypeController">
<apex:repeat value="{!availableCategories}" var="category">
  <apex:pageBlock title="{!category}" >
  <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!finAcctListByCategory[category]}" var="fa" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(finAcctListByCategory[category]))}" title="category">
    <apex:repeat value="{!fieldListByCategory[category]}" var="field">
    <apex:column headerValue="{!fieldLabelMapByCategory[category][field]}" value="{!fa[field]}" rendered="{!field!='Account_Number__c'}"></apex:column>
    <apex:column headerValue="{!fieldLabelMapByCategory[category][field]}" rendered="{!(field='Account_Number__c')}">
         <apex:outputLink onClick="doStuffAndRedirect">{!fa[field]}
                <script type="text/javascript">
                    window.top.location.href = '{!redirectUrl}';
                </script>    
         </apex:outputLink>
    </apex:column>    
    </apex:repeat>
    </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:repeat>
</apex:page>
Best Answer chosen by Qin Lu
Swati GSwati G
Hi,

When below code executes, it redirects the page. Instead of writing javascript in script tag, you can call that statement in onclick of outputlink.

<apex:outputLink onClick="window.top.location.href = '{!redirectUrl}';">{!fa[field]}
 </apex:outputLink>