function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dhanraj S NikamDhanraj S Nikam 

Account owner change triggers Opportunity Owner chang

HI ,

We have a trigger on Account which have logic to change Opportunity Owner as Account Owner.
I did disable(inactive) the  trigger.

Still I observe that if Account and Opportunity have same owner and I change Account owner then Opportunity owner get change.

This is happen only when Account and Opportunity have same owner.

Is there anybody have some idea?

Thanks,
Dhanraj
Best Answer chosen by Dhanraj S Nikam
chris.noechris.noe
Keep in mind that when you change owner on an Account, OPEN Opportunities that are owned by the current Account owner are automatically transferred to the new owner.  This is explained in more detail in the third bullet point on the Account owner change screen.

All Answers

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Are you sure you have only one account trigger. Please verify this once again.
We have following two managed pkg's
handleAccountChange
ActivityReset
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
'HandleAccountChange' name itself seems like it is handling the account ownership change event, probably matches the account owner with the associated record owners like opportunity etc.., Please reach out to the support of that managed package to know more about this. If you were given the choice to make any changes to the settings, please review those and see if you can disable that functinality.
Thanks Ramu. 

I will try to find out. 
chris.noechris.noe
Keep in mind that when you change owner on an Account, OPEN Opportunities that are owned by the current Account owner are automatically transferred to the new owner.  This is explained in more detail in the third bullet point on the Account owner change screen.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Chris.

Is there anything that this is mentation in the document ot somewhere other than Account owner change screen?

Thanks again..
chris.noechris.noe
I do not see any reference to this within the help and training documentation.  However, there is an idea on the IdeaExchange to include the option to not transfer open opportunities - https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BqqOAAS.
Thanks
The information provided by you is very usfull.

Thanks Both of you..