function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sclosesclose 

Automatic email for a custom object

Hello,

We have about 500 employees in our Company. Our Salesforce is limited to a hand full of users. It makes sense to have our Companies and Employees in Saleforce as records.  I created an App called Company Directory where I have also created 2 custom objects. One object is for our companies and a second object is for our employees and is related to the companies object. I have also related our employees object to a custom object where we create projects. When we assign a new project to an employee we need an email sent to that employee, that a new project has been assigned to them. 

This worked when I created our companies as Accounts and our employees as Contacts. And then create a workflow. But this does not make any sense to us for Accounts and Contacts.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
SC

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
I am not sure about what you meant by 

'This worked when I created our companies as Accounts and our employees as Contacts. And then create a workflow. But this does not make any sense to us for Accounts and Contacts.'

Can you elaborate it further ??
sclosesclose
I used the standard object "Accounts" for our company branches and standard object "Contacts" for our employees.  
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Then,what's the issue you are facing with that ??
sclosesclose
Our Branches isn't an Account nor are our Employee's contacts. That is the issue.
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Then,rather than using Standard objects Account and Contacts,you should create custom objects for both of them.

If this helps,please mark it as best answer to help others :)