function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin 

EditReports User Permissions changed in Metadata API

I am attempting to extract metadata from one org and deploy to another and I receive the message 
profiles/Standard.profile -- Error: Unknown user permission: EditReports
for .profile XML files that contain
<userPermissions>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <name>EditReports</name>
    </userPermissions>
I've searched through the Release notes for Summer '13, Winter '14, Spring '14 and Summer '14 and cannot find any reference for a change to this user permission, although I can see that there are new User Permissions like ManageReportsInPubFolders although this looks more like the old EditPublicReports.

Can anyone point me towards documentation or references that describe the current User Permissions by their API names in the metadata API? Or the release in which this was changed?

Jaap BranderhorstJaap Branderhorst
Are you deploying to the same edition? 
Ken Koellner 1Ken Koellner 1
I'm having this issue.  I have two orgs both on summer '17.  In one org, the permission is called "EditReports". In the other it is called CreateCustomizeReports.  Both have Label -- Create and Customize Reports.  It's the internal name of the permission that's different.  I can see that when I look at the metadata in Apex.

So why does this one org have a permission called "CreateCustomizeReports" while others have "EditReports".  It's the same release.  Maybe it's some org-wide option????
Daniel Cortes 9Daniel Cortes 9
I can also confirm this is an issue with deployments via metadata api.  The source org has it as:
<userPermissions>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <name>EditReports</name>
    </userPermissions>

The corresponding error is:
[sf:deploy] Component Failures:
[sf:deploy] 1.  profiles/tdmf_Tech.profile -- Error: Unknown user permission: EditReports

Any suggestions?​