function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JN22JN22 

CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY Error

Hello,

I have a trigger (see below) that works in my Sandbox and is covered by my test in my sandbox.  When I try to deploy to production, I get the error:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, UniqueDelivID: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object Trigger.UniqueDelivID: line 15, column 1: []

Can anyone help as to why I am getting this error?

Trigger:
//Assigns a unique ID to each deliverable in every Opportunity so DyNad can track.
trigger UniqueDelivID on OpportunityLineItem (before insert, before update) {   

Set<ID> setOliIds = new Set<ID>();
        for(OpportunityLineItem oli:Trigger.new){
            setOliIds.add(oli.Id);
        }
        Map<ID, OpportunityLineItem> mapOli = new Map<ID, OpportunityLineItem>([SELECT Id, Opportunity.Max_Deliv_Hx__c, Max_Deliv__c
                                                                                FROM OpportunityLineItem
                                                                                WHERE Id in:setOliIds]);
        if(mapOli.size()>0){

for(OpportunityLineItem oli1:Trigger.New){
                IF(mapOli.containsKey(oli1.Id) && oli1.Max_Deliv__c == null){
                    oli1.Max_Deliv__c = mapOli.get(oli1.Id).Opportunity.Max_Deliv_Hx__c + 1;
                }
            }
        }

}

ForceComForceCom
Hi ,

Can you make sure of the following things in production.

1) Check if you have access to Max_Deliv_Hx__c field .
2) Make Max_Deliv_Hx__c default to zero .

This should fix your problem.

Thank You.
JN22JN22
Thanks.  I tried that but it didn't solve the problem.  Any other ideas?  Thanks,
ForceComForceCom
Hi ,

Can you put a debug statement right after line 14 , to check for the map values and Max_Deliv__c value.

Thanks