function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BenBurbridge(JP)BenBurbridge(JP) 

Split Screen VF Page ...

HI,

I have created an in depth flow which is working well, I want to be able to split screen this flow which I can do but I am unsure how to show the flow on oneside and then the created custom object on the otherside?

I think I need to pull a variable out of the flow but I am unsure on this.

Custom Object - Treatment_Plan__c
Variable - VarTreatmentID
Best Answer chosen by BenBurbridge(JP)
David "w00t!" LiuDavid "w00t!" Liu
Well one thing you can do is have two outputPanels on your page, one taking 50% of the width and the other taking the rest.  You could have your flow on the left and the other Visualforce page on the right.

That way, the page uses the same controller for both sides and you don't need to pass anything back and forth!

All Answers

I have added a class which pulls the variable from the flow:

public class SeeTreatmentPlan {
public Flow.Interview.Patient_Intake_Flow_Ontario myintake{ get; set; }

public String getmyID() {
if (myintake==null) return '';
else return myintake.Var_Create_TP_ID;
}
public PageReference getNextPage(){
PageReference p = new PageReference('/' + getmyID() );
p.setRedirect(true);
return p;
}
}

What I want to do is have the flow VF page on one side and then the created object on the other.  I have got the split screen working but cant seem to get the object on the other.

If anyone can provide assistance on whether I can use the above class to set the finish location also would be great.

What if you have everything on one VF page but just make it look like two different pages?  

This way you don't have to worry about passing variables back and forth, you just fake it  =)
David,

Anyway I can get this to work is fine with me, do you have an idea of how I can do this?

Ben
Well one thing you can do is have two outputPanels on your page, one taking 50% of the width and the other taking the rest.  You could have your flow on the left and the other Visualforce page on the right.

That way, the page uses the same controller for both sides and you don't need to pass anything back and forth!
This was selected as the best answer
How to set the outputpanels?