function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Robert WynterRobert Wynter 

Set Default value in picklist Billing Country Field on Account

In setup/Customize/Accounts/Fields. I need to change the Standard field for billing Country. But I don't see Billing Country edit options. Where do I go to set the default Country pick list?
Best Answer chosen by Robert Wynter
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

Salesforce has provided a option. You can enable a "Enable State and Country Picklists" in your org, by this all you state and country field in address fields will convert into picklist. When you enable this feature in your org then it will ask you for defalut value of country picklist. On that time you can set default value and it will apply on all country picklist in Address field.

All Answers

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Unfortunately it is not possible to set the default billing country for Account as it is a standard field. Usually there is very little we can do with standard fields.
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

Salesforce has provided a option. You can enable a "Enable State and Country Picklists" in your org, by this all you state and country field in address fields will convert into picklist. When you enable this feature in your org then it will ask you for defalut value of country picklist. On that time you can set default value and it will apply on all country picklist in Address field.
This was selected as the best answer
That's very unusual and pron to mistakes if the user misses this when creating a new account. What I don't understand is why on earth is it defaulted to India. If it was defaulted by sort name A to Z I could understand.
Thank You McGraw. I knew there had to be a place to set this.
FYI for anyone who needs the guide for State and Country pick list:

http://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/state_country_picklists_impl_guide.pdf
Avinash AkondiAvinash Akondi
Hello Robert,

We cannot change the data types of standard fields.To set country and state picklist go to setup->Administer->Data Management->State and Country Picklists where State and country picklists allow users to select states and countries from predefined, standardized lists, instead of entering state and country data into text fields.

Thanks,
Autorabit,
http://www.autorabit.com/