function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
madhu_ramadhu_ra 

Custom Lookup on Product Object doesn't show any record

Hi All,

I have created a new Lookup field on standard Prdoduct object which points to one of my custom objects. Field has been created successfully but when I'm trying to set  a value by clicking the magnifying glass the popup doesn't show any records of my Custom object. 
As suggested in some other posts I checked for Search settings in Setup > Customize > Search > Search Settings. Custom objects has been enabled for enhance search at there. Can anyone help me to figure out what is going on please?

Thanks,
Madhura
Best Answer chosen by madhu_ra
lkatneylkatney
Hey,

Generally, look up fields picks and displays recently viewed records and that is the reason it won't display list of parent records. you can do following things:
1. Try searching with any keyword , it should display records with keywords.
2. if above doesnot works, check for filters enabled on lookup field. it conflicts sometimes.

All Answers

lkatneylkatney
Hey,

Generally, look up fields picks and displays recently viewed records and that is the reason it won't display list of parent records. you can do following things:
1. Try searching with any keyword , it should display records with keywords.
2. if above doesnot works, check for filters enabled on lookup field. it conflicts sometimes.
This was selected as the best answer
madhu_ramadhu_ra
Hi lkatney,

Thanks for the quick response.
Yes it's showing when I'm trying with a keyword. I expect all records to be shown upon a magnifying glass clicking and then only filtering. Isn't there ane setting or someting to do this?

Thanks,
Madhura
Vatsal KothariVatsal Kothari
Hi,

Go to lookup fields detail page and check is there any Lookup Filter is defined for that field.

Thanks,
Vatsal
madhu_ramadhu_ra
Hi Vatsal,

Sorry, What you mean by lookup fields detail page?

Thanks,
Madhura
Vatsal KothariVatsal Kothari
Go to Setup --> Products --> Fields --> Click on your Custom lookup Field.
It will Open your custom lookup fields detail page, Inside this check lookup filter.

Thanks,
Vatsal

madhu_ramadhu_ra
Thanks, I checked that and "No lookup filters defined there"
Rajendra ORajendra O
Madhura,  We can't just list all records in related popup. It will only display recent records. Though you can do wildcard search if you are not sure about excat record names. AFAIK there is no such setting to list all records.
madhu_ramadhu_ra
Thanks for the information Rajendra
Leo BarnoskiLeo Barnoski
You can get commercial glass (https://www.houstonabsoluteglassworks.com/) form here.