function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
binu rajbinu raj 

Login without security token?

Hi Team,
I am a beginner in salesforce.I have created a profile in salesforce.com.And I logged in  through java client application with that user name,password and security token. And I created sales force  users from my java application. How can they login without access sales force.Means they don't know about the
security token.They have only the user name and password. The sales force authentication  is only possible through my client application. My question is Is there any way to login without security token?
Best Answer chosen by binu raj
Ranjeet Singh (SFDC Developer)Ranjeet Singh (SFDC Developer)
Hi Binu,

in salesforce we have option to enter IP range for the profile, so that way when user assigned with that profile(IP restricted profile) and try to login into system then only User Name and Password is required.

So this way User can login into System without security Toke.
TO set Login IP Ranges for Profile:

1. Go to profile detail page.(User can see 'Login IP Ranges' related list on Profile detail page.)
2. Go to Login IP Ranges related list of profile.
3. Click New button(To Enter the IP Range)
3. Enter IP Range:
     Start IP Address: 0.0.0.0
     End IP Address: 255.255.255.255
This is generic IP range, User can access salesforce account from anywhere.
You can set the Start and End IP range based on you company policy.

Please let me know if you find any issue.

Thaks & Regards,
Ranjeet Singh.

All Answers

gautam_singhgautam_singh
Go to setup->Security Controls->Network and enter the IP address or address range of your server. Login attempts from white-listed IP addresses do not require a security token.

Salesforce checks the IP address from which the client application is logging in, and blocks logins from unknown IP addresses. For a blocked login via the API, Salesforce returns a login fault. Then, the user must add their security token to the end of their password in order to log in. A security token is an automatically-generated key from Salesforce. For example, if a user's password is mypassword, and their security token is XXXXXXXXXX, then the user must enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX to log in. ..... . When the security token is invalid, the user must repeat the login process to log in. To avoid this, the administrator can make sure the client's IP address is added to the organization's list of trusted IP addresses. 

Important :

If this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for others benefits.

Thank You
Ranjeet Singh (SFDC Developer)Ranjeet Singh (SFDC Developer)
Hi Binu,

in salesforce we have option to enter IP range for the profile, so that way when user assigned with that profile(IP restricted profile) and try to login into system then only User Name and Password is required.

So this way User can login into System without security Toke.
TO set Login IP Ranges for Profile:

1. Go to profile detail page.(User can see 'Login IP Ranges' related list on Profile detail page.)
2. Go to Login IP Ranges related list of profile.
3. Click New button(To Enter the IP Range)
3. Enter IP Range:
     Start IP Address: 0.0.0.0
     End IP Address: 255.255.255.255
This is generic IP range, User can access salesforce account from anywhere.
You can set the Start and End IP range based on you company policy.

Please let me know if you find any issue.

Thaks & Regards,
Ranjeet Singh.
This was selected as the best answer
nikki goudnikki goud
HI
Binu raj

yes we can login without security token
follow this steps
1 setup
2 administer
3 Security controls 
4  network access